PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Slim AC units advice...

fortato
06-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Does anyone have them in their house?

I'm tired of dealing with window units, and for some stupid reason, our house was built with out Central AC. (It's only 6 years old... it's not like the technology wasn't around then).

We are contemplating installing central air- just for cooling only, and the Mr. Slim from Mitsubishi seems like a great idea, but I want to hear from people who've had it installed...

Any advice would be great!
TIA!

tiapam
06-09-2008, 04:23 AM
We just had Spacepak put in on our 1st floor, which has radiator heat. We didn't really consider the Mr. Slim because our house is brick and we were under the impression that they cut a hole in the house for each unit. Not sure now if that is right because I don't see exterior shots on their website. The Spacepak was not cheap but it is very unnoticeable and the ducts take up very little headroom in our basement. I think from a resale standpoint you might be better off getting Spacepak (or similar) over the Mr. Slim. It's definitely worth comparing the cost.

chlobo
06-09-2008, 07:36 AM
We have no ducting in our house and really needed AC. We decided to put central A/C upstairs as we could cut holes from the attic for the vents.

Downstairs where we have a pretty open layout we put one "Mr. Slim"-type unit (another manufacturer) and it does a pretty good job. It doesn't look too bad on the wall. Definitely better than running ducting down through the closests or paying for two A/C units which was our other option.