PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason why I shouldn't get this crib? (Bassett Baby)

lowrioh
06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
We are planning on getting a Bassett Baby crib from Sears next week. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04988062000P?vName=Baby&cName=Nursery&sName=Furniture

The reviews on the Sears website are all very good, but there aren't any reviews on the BB site.
We primarily chose this crib because it was mid-range in price, matched our existing solid oak dresser and it got good reviews. I know that Bassett Baby had a major recall some months ago with a different crib model but from what I understand, recalls are not all that uncommon with cribs etc.

The only real negative I can see with the crib is that you can't use a bumper because of the solid back, but I wasn't planning on using a bumper anyway. We will probably never use the headboard to convert it to a double bed because we already have a headboard that matches our existing furniture. I understand that this is not an heirloom piece of furniture but we would like it to last us for two or three kids.

Anyone have experience with Basset baby? Or do you have other suggestions for a Honey oak crib that won't break the bank? (<$400)

Any thoughts??
TIA