PDA

View Full Version : Help! No paci = no nap??

Twoboos
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Last week the Pacifier Fairy came and took DD2s paci's She'll be 3 in August. (I know, I know! But she has only been using them for naps/bed for a while now.)

It seems the Paci Fairy accidentally took her naps, too!! She puts up huge screaming fits at naptime now. Before she would get into bed, grab the paci, snuggle in, and be done with it for 1-2hrs. She's still in a crib, and thankfully doesn't "know" she can get out (go figure, since she knows she can climb in!) so she's in there screaming, "I wanna go down-tairs! I want DA-DA! I wanna go DOWN-TAIRS!!!!!!"

She's also not too impressed with the idea of quiet time - just hanging out in bed and resting/reading/playing with animals. Which really is un-fun, since I was spoiled by DD1 in this aspect - she started rejecting quiet time about 2-3mos ago. (As a side note, if they are both not napping/having quiet time, when I am supposed to get a break? ACK!!)

Anyway, anyone btdt? Is she just giving up naps completely? I think she's had 1 -2 in the past week. ugh. tia.

AngelaS
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Mine gave up her naps w/her binky too. But I told her even if she didn't sleep, she still had to stay in her bed until rest time was over and I came back for her. After a few days (and some serious playing outside in the mornings) she went back to napping. :)

willow33
06-09-2008, 04:26 PM
We took E's "paci" away on his 3rd birthday in April. He also was only using them for naps/bedtime. The first 4 days at both nap and bedtime were rough. He cried a lot and begged for them back, but would eventually fall asleep. Not sure if it made a difference, but we had him give them to my SIL who is pregnant with her 2nd. He told her that they were for the new baby. It was very cute, but might have helped him let them go.

I doubt your DD is giving up naps. Give it some more time and I bet she will start napping again. My DS doesn't even talk about his pacificers anymore.

Good luck!!