PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Maternity tops for the large busted?

Clarity
06-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I am so so tired of shopping for maternity tops and finding what should be the empire WAIST catches me about mid bust. I'm having little luck finding business casual type tops for work. I'm bordering on plus size but I just look better in something that is a bit more fitted through the waist...I just can't find nice shirts that fit me through the bust! Argh!

Anyone with the same problem that can offer suggestions will be well regarded throughout the final three months of my pregnancy. :bowdown:

edited typo

jlldbs
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I think you are me 1 year ago! I had the same problem and never really found a solution. I would try on plus size maternity clothes and they would fit me in the bust, but would hang on me everywhere else, regular maternity clothes would fit my belly but would be to tight in the bust. And almost everything has that crappy empire waist that always hit me in the middle of the bust line! I did find a couple of tops at Motherhood that had an empire waist but is was an elastic scrunch waist (if that makes any sense to you). Those fit nice, but the neckline was too revealing so I had to wear a cami underneath. I also found a few shirts that were button up dress shirts that worked really well.

Good luck and I hope you find something. I remember how frustrated I was trying to work around the girls and my growing belly.:52: :52: :52:

Clarity
06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh, I hope I can find something...the shirt that I wore today has a little bow which is, I'm sure, supposed to rest below my breast. On me, it's about at my nipple and when I move it...well...it moves. I keep having these flashes of fear that it is reminicent of the tassels that adorn the breasts of risque dancers!
I had this shirt from my first pregnancy and I don't remember this problem then, but gosh, I'm not sure I can wear it again! LOL

jvs195
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
I have the same problem. I find I am layering tshirts under everything because all maternity is cut so low. I have to avoid most of the empire waist tops for the same reason. I wear my shade tees a lot, but usually under a tank/vest of some type for work. August will be very hot.