PDA

View Full Version : Naked Toddler

DeeEast
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
DS has taken to taking off all of his clothes, including his diaper, at every turn. He's going to be 3 at the end of September. Please tell me I am not alone at having a streaker. *sigh*

I read that its a stage that a lot of toddlers go through, but neither of my girls ever did that. I think he's just so enamored of his "boo" that he takes every opportunity to make the acquaintance, if you know what I mean.

What I read also said that they do it for the reaction. So I guess my "OMG put on your clothes!" isn't helping. lol Please tell me I am not alone with a nakey baby!

niccig
06-09-2008, 10:41 PM
DS did that too, and it helped us potty train him. If he was naked, he used the potty. A couple of months later and he was wearing underwear.

wendmatt
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
DD as always naked at that age! As soon as we were home she'd take off her clothes. We moved somewhere cold from Hawaii in an October so she started wearing them after that and now she's very modest!

WatchingThemGrow
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
LOL - Not alone. So glad to hear someone else is experiencing it! Last couple weeks she wouldn't remove the orange/red striped hanna long/short johns, now she won't keep bottoms on.

I feel ridiculous saying, "You have to put on underwear to sit in the at the table." She looks at me like, "Really. Show me where it is written." I just laugh and serve the food.

Pulling out a cotton sundress today and telling her how pretty it was worked for a little while. It was funny that at one point, I randomly said, "Go put your underwear on." She looked down, then up at me like, "How did you know I wasn't wearing them?" There were 3 pairs on the floor at the time.

elliput
06-09-2008, 11:56 PM
DD will strip down when it suits her. Not a big deal since during the day it is just the two of us.

DeeEast
06-10-2008, 12:13 AM
DD will strip down when it suits her. Not a big deal since during the day it is just the two of us.

I've got DD and then the twins who are going on 3. Imagine the chaos.

rlu
06-10-2008, 01:54 AM
DS did that too, and it helped us potty train him. If he was naked, he used the potty. A couple of months later and he was wearing underwear.

I so hope this is us...DS uses the potty when going "bare butt" but is not interested in underware/undershorts/big boy underware/no phrase makes it acceptable to him!! Sorry - rant.

Sopamanda
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
"Mommy...I don't have to go potty. I'm just touchin' myself."

Fwiw, he's potty trained at 2 1/2. It doesn't seem to have stopped there.

elizabethkott
06-10-2008, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Sopamanda]"Mommy...I don't have to go potty. I'm just touchin' myself."

QUOTE]

HILARIOUS.

Joolsplus2
06-10-2008, 04:28 PM
My kids were (are! Since Leah's 2.5, lol) nakey a lot at that age... It was the kids I used to babysit who'd come home from Kindergarten at age 6 and get nakey that kind of weirded me out (but even they grew out of that...)

This too shall pass :ROTFLMAO:

JBaxter
06-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Nathan spent 6 months naked basiclly from may06 ( he was 2 1/2)when he potty trained till November 06 when he decided he was cold. Naked made it easier for him to potty train.

lizajane
06-10-2008, 05:01 PM
my boys looooooooooove to hang around naked. i have to keep telling schuyler that 5 is too old for hangin' out naked. dylan got away with it yesterday (he fell asleep in the car in a wet bathing suit, so i just yanked it off and put him in his bed. so when he woke up, he just came downstairs that way.) but just a few minutes ago, i had to ask him to put his unders back on.