PDA

View Full Version : Pool rules

bnme
06-10-2008, 08:28 AM
For those of you with pools, what are your rules?

We have an inground pool. Ours are:

-Never go in the pool area without a grown-up
-No running on the pool deck
-No going in the deep end with out a grown-up with you - even if you have swimmies on
-No reaching in to get things
-We do allow jumping in, but only from a specefic spot. Not sure if that is a good idea

We also tell them their is a 'one-strike' policey for not listening in the pool if it is a safety issue. They will get a time-out out of the pool area if needed.

Just wondering what other people do. I have 2 very active boys who love the water and I want to make sure we have the safest summer possible! Also wondering what people do when they have company with kids. Or if they ever have playdates with swimming.

Our pool is gated and locked and the boys are never in our yard alone. The boys do often wear swimmies. My oldest is learning to swim and can a bit. We do swim lessons every summer.

set81616
06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
We moved when DS wasn't quite 2 and now just have a community pool. Big one was no running. He couldn't get to the pool without us but if we were outside he could run on the grass (only the part by the house was gated since it was an older pool) but he could not run on the pool deck. Now he can jump if I am there too catch him. He just wants to be held so we don't have to worry about the deep end. That rule will be he can go as soon as he can float and or swim (doggy paddle) and he lets us know so we can watch. Next summer maybe when he is almost 4?
Your rules sound good.
Shannon