PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on SHERMAG Gliders

janine
06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I've been looking at these--and they look like a good option in terms of pricing, quality and size (the Dutaliers are too big for our apt). Target seems to have the best selection, but you can't see them at the store.
Can anyone vouch for these? Thanks!

kate909
06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I have this one and absolutely love it.
http://www.target.com/Shermag-Glider-Ottoman-Honey-Oatmeal/dp/B000J4LC1I/sr=1-1/qid=1213123529/ref=sr_1_1/601-8117947-8853761?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ashermag&page=1

It is so comfortable, the cushions are nice and "cushy" and the back on it is really tall, so even DH at 6'2" is comfortable leaning his head back in it. There is plenty of seat room (I found some of the seats to be very narrow when I was trying out different gliders). I nursed DS in it all the time - with and without a boppy. As DS got bigger, I found it difficult to fit me, him and the boppy, but by that point it wasn't a problem. The chair itself hasn't had any problems, it glides very smoothly and doesn't squeak or anything.

I did have a problem with one of the pieces being broken when we opened the box, but Target was fabulous. They sent out a whole new chair (which arrived in 2 days!) and we uses the parts from both to make one chair and sent the rest back (they paid all the shipping.) So, that's my only piece of advice, make sure nothing is damaged before you put it together.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

daniellahead
06-17-2008, 09:56 AM
We got our Shermag at Target too and it's really nice. Not terribly cushy, and I couldn't nurse in it (and i'm not large, nor was the baby), but not a big deal. It's really comfy and we love it. It's cheap enough that I don't worry about the small stuff (spilled coffee on it, but hey, it was only a little over $100). Plus, I don't love the look aesthetically, so I knew it wouldn't go in our living room after the babies, so I didn't want to drop a lot of money on it.