PDA

View Full Version : It's really sad when 93 degrees...

LarsMal
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Is the "cooling off" we're going to get this week. It's barely the middle of June! The last couple weeks have been so beautiful and then BAM! horrible heat with humidity you can cut with a knife.

I got in the car the other day and it said 113 degrees. This is Virginia, not the freakin' desert!

A "cold front" bringing cooler temps of low 90's for the rest of the week. Yippeeee! :mad:

lorinick
06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
It's nuts! I'm NJ and our kids have school today no early dismissal. A lot of schools in the area have early dismissal not ours. DS has upper resp. problems. Not all classrooms have air. Which means I'll pick him up at 1:00. I think it's just to hot to be sitting in a classroom and having lunch and indoor gym in an unaircond. gym/all pursopse room.

elizabethkott
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
It *IS* too hot to be sitting in a non-a/c classroom....
Guess where I am right now?
:)
I have started to refer to it as "the eighth ring of hell".
And I'm in the basement. I feel really bad for the poor English department up on the 3rd floor. At least the pregnant women had the common sense up there to call in sick today.

ThreeofUs
06-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Boy, do I remember those days. I used to live near DC and work at the Naval Research Lab, right by Blue Plains water treatment plant, and UGH it was hot and smelly there in the summer.

I thought 93 was bad up here in Northeast Ohio, but now I'm thankful.

Thatchermom
06-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Meet me in the middle and we'll pity party together? I can't wait til we leave for CA tomorrow. It is the middle of June and yesterday I wore jeans and a turtleneck sweater and got cold when I got soaked going from the office to DS's classroom in high winds and sideways blowing rain. High this week was predicted to be 53, but I'm not sure we made it there - sure hasn't felt like it. DS has had inside recess for almost all of his last three weeks of kindergarten with our continuous rain, including today, his last day. I'm disappointed for him! We could use some of your heat if you want to ship it this way...

trales
06-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I hate the heat. I live in Northern New England for a reason. We went from 58 to 93, no break, no easing into it. I am going to Die.

I live best between 50 and 65. That makes me happy.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome to my world! Haha, seriously, it's why I HATE Florida! 9 months out of the year it is freakishly hot and 100% humidity!

On the upside, it's never a drastic change! Constantly hot and sticky....then ease into warm and sticky....then back to hot and sticky... :hysterical: