PDA

View Full Version : I should know this, but . . . how many Newborn diapers?

spanannie
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Seeing that I have 2 kids, I should know how many Newborn (disposable) diapers . . . but it's been 4 years, since I gave birth to my average size daughter, and 6 years since I gave birth to my 9.5 lb son (who probably didn't even finish the box of newborn diapers). I've bought one case of 92 Pampers Swaddlers, and am wondering if I'll need 2 cases? This baby should be average size (around 7.5 lbs). Does anyone here recall about how many boxes are needed?

Thanks! I want to get all the diapers I need ordered from on-line before baby's arrival.

SnuggleBuggles
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
My ds was 9lbs 9oz and we went through 1 package of newborn diapers. We bought a 2nd package and I wound up donating most of them. I know you want to buy them online but for this case I would probably buy a 2nd case at a B&M store where you can return unopened packages so you have them on hand and can quickly exchange.

I think 1 should do. You can always go to the store and get more if you really need them. Maybe your big box and a small package would be a good compromise?

Beth

spanannie
06-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I think your idea is a good one. I'm just thinking ahead to taking 3 kids out to get diapers. I think I recall now having to buy a 2nd package of newborn with 9.5lb DS, but not finishing it. DD2 should be almost 2 lbs smaller, though, so that's why I was thinking that I would need more.

My ds was 9lbs 9oz and we went through 1 package of newborn diapers. We bought a 2nd package and I wound up donating most of them. I know you want to buy them online but for this case I would probably buy a 2nd case at a B&M store where you can return unopened packages so you have them on hand and can quickly exchange.

I think 1 should do. You can always go to the store and get more if you really need them. Maybe your big box and a small package would be a good compromise?

Beth

Momof3Labs
06-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Both of my boys were just over 8lbs, and I went through less than one jumbo pack of newborn diapers between the two of them. They were both tall, though, and outgrew the newborn dipes in rise, not in the waist.

JBaxter
06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I would stick with what you have. Anyone can stop and pick you up more diaeprs and lots of places are open all night. Nathan blew poop out of pampers in the begining so we switched to huggies before switching to cloth