PDA

View Full Version : top tether retrofit

cmmama
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
so after spending some time on this board, reading about and shopping for seats, I set about getting DH's Nissan and Grandma's Buick top-tether retrofits.

the buick eventually got done (after taking the service manager a print off of GM's website where they say they can retrofit a top tether). Took them all day to do it, as no one at this location had done one before, but it's done. Check!

Nissan, on the hand, just keeps telling me I'm crazy. Any advice?
(DH drives an Altima, if it matters)

thanks!

jjordan
06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I think our Altima owner's manual has information about retrofitting a top tether. Did you check the manual? What year is the car (ours is 1999)?

Jill

bubbaray
06-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Call Nissan Canada and get the part number from them. The Altima is sold here.

http://www.nissan.ca/common/footer/en/contact.html

Joolsplus2
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
88894-89900 is the part number for all 93-99 Altimas... there's no other special name for it, that I can find. And there're 3 weld nuts in the rear filler panel (on the package shelf, you should either see little plastic caps that can pop off, or some kind of perforation in the carpeting.
Part is about $15 and they don't seem to have any free service to get it installed, but if you have the caps or cuts in the carpet, it will take about 5 minutes to sweet talk them into doing it or just do it yourself.

cmmama
06-11-2008, 07:59 PM
thank you thank you thank you for the part number! Hopefully that'll help.
Since you mention DIY installation, I"m assuming my incredibly handy DH will be able to take care of it without too much difficulty.