PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite undies?

MommyAllison
06-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Before DS was even born I was promising myself I could buy new underwear after I lost some/most of the baby weight. I have no idea what I want to buy though - what are your faves? I prefer low cut bikini style. I want something higher quality that will last awhile. Thanks!

citymama
06-11-2008, 01:08 AM
deleted

urquie
06-11-2008, 01:24 AM
they're not fancy, but i love the "barely there" under garments. they are easy to find too (fred meyer and target) :)

http://www.barelythere.com/category-landing.asp?cid=2

lowrioh
06-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I love the maidenform boyshorts because they are super comfortable, don't look like old lady panties and don't give me a panty line. They come in cotton or microfiber.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/brandswomen/maidenform/panties/PRD~229749/Maidenform+Hip+Fit+Boyshorts.jsp
I usually wait until there is a 30% coupon code for Kohls and order a few pairs. They seem to last me a long time, although I've been wearing them through my pregnancy so I am sure that I stretched them out.

Davids-Coco
06-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Its sad, but the Bravado Bikinis are still my favorite 2 years after my DS was born. But, I am very sensitive to the pressure on the front on my bladder. They have really lasted well and the ones I bough pp aren't even stretched in the front at all.

MegBoz
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
In general, I find underwear uncomfortable & hate it. So I'm VERY picky on comfort.

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE the "Hanes - the perfect panty." I wear the low-cut briefs (wide enough to cover my backside without getting wedgie.) but they have bikini & low-cut bikini styles too. I get them at Target.

They are comfy, lightweight, barely feel like anything is there, but yet they stay in place. They also really don't show a panty line. They're fabulous!

I'm still wearing them now at over 36 weeks PG - just under my belly in the front - and they're still staying put wonderfully-- no wedgies when I'm teaching yoga & step aerobics. Woo hoo!

WatchingThemGrow
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Its sad, but the Bravado Bikinis are still my favorite 2 years after my DS was born. But, I am very sensitive to the pressure on the front on my bladder. They have really lasted well and the ones I bough pp aren't even stretched in the front at all.

ITA!!! I stopped wearing them just a few weeks ago b/c I wanted to "save" them in case we decide to have a 3rd. They are SO nice that I was wondering if Bravado makes undies and tanks that are not maternity and nursing. They do make bras, but I'm not into the saggy factor when I'm not nursing/pg.

Aside from those, VS is usually where I find a classic bikini that's comfy. For a while it was the cotton ones the PP mentioned, and my current batch came from the the BBV line before DD. I just tried to get a link and hadn't looked at non-maternity undies in so long, I couldn't get past the poses enough to see which panties I like. It was blinding...
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSPTYBBVZZZ&cgnbr=OSPTYBBVZZZ&rfnbr=1938

kozachka
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Is it for you or for your DH ;)? For nicer, not your everyday panties my absolute favorite are Lise Charmel. You can get them (as well as La Perla, Malizia etc) new on eBay for much, much less than in store. I used to live not far from Marshalls that stocked high-end lingerie. Good old days...

1964pandora
06-11-2008, 04:35 PM

SOOOOOO true. I found these during pregnancy and I won't wear anything else now. They also wear like iron. I bought black, so they look slightly faded, but they never rip, and I'm sorry to say that the pairs I have right now are like three years old. I've never had underwear hold up this long. Plus, they're so comfortable.

Susan

Davids-Coco
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one... ;)

WatchingThemGrow
06-11-2008, 08:54 PM
SOOOOOO true. I found these during pregnancy and I won't wear anything else now. They also wear like iron. I bought black, so they look slightly faded, but they never rip, and I'm sorry to say that the pairs I have right now are like three years old. I've never had underwear hold up this long. Plus, they're so comfortable.

Susan

I'm putting mine back into circulation! Thanks for the encouragement!

jent
06-24-2008, 08:11 PM
For comfort, I've always been a fan of the Jockey bikini style. They have this nice microfiber material that is really soft and breathable (I've only ever seen it at the company store, not dept stores).

I've also liked the microfiber bikinis that Title 9 sells.

hillview
06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
they're not fancy, but i love the "barely there" under garments. they are easy to find too (fred meyer and target) :)

http://www.barelythere.com/category-landing.asp?cid=2

:yeahthat:
Love them -- just got more for $4 at Khols.
/hillary

new_mommy25
06-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Hanes comfort soft bikinis. LOVE them. They are cheap, super comfy, and don't give me panty lines. I can only wear 100% cotton. I've tried others but they are just too uncomfortable. DH calls them granny panties but I don't care. :)
http://tinyurl.com/29fl4b

SnuggleBuggles
06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I bought some bikini style cotton pairs at Soma the other day and have been really happy with them.

Beth

lizajane
06-26-2008, 03:36 PM
so glad you asked this question because i need more, too. i think the VS ones show a little much through pants and i have had the elastic wear out. but i was a loyal fan for a LONG time and may go back to them. right now, i have 3 pairs of moving comfort "workout" underwear that are super comfortable and stay put. BUT they are poly (wicking fabric) so in high heat, they are NOT good for all day. just for a work out. i just got a 3 pack of gillian o-malley at target that i LOOOOOOOVE. but i have only had them for a few weeks, so who knows if they will fall apart in just a few more weeks. so far, so good!

ETA: the VS low rise kind are NOT good for people with real heinys. they were TOO low and uncomforable on me, even though there was plenty of coverage in the back. my real woman deriere (sp?) just pulled them down too low in front. and FWIW, that was when i was a size 6! so not a BIG bottom. just a bottom.

citymama
06-26-2008, 04:24 PM
so glad you asked this question because i need more, too. i think the VS ones show a little much through pants and i have had the elastic wear out. but i was a loyal fan for a LONG time and may go back to them. right now, i have 3 pairs of moving comfort "workout" underwear that are super comfortable and stay put. BUT they are poly (wicking fabric) so in high heat, they are NOT good for all day. just for a work out. i just got a 3 pack of gillian o-malley at target that i LOOOOOOOVE. but i have only had them for a few weeks, so who knows if they will fall apart in just a few more weeks. so far, so good!

ETA: the VS low rise kind are NOT good for people with real heinys. they were TOO low and uncomforable on me, even though there was plenty of coverage in the back. my real woman deriere (sp?) just pulled them down too low in front. and FWIW, that was when i was a size 6! so not a BIG bottom. just a bottom.
So I originally suggested VS low-rise - which I have used for years (yes, guilty of modest derriere - but still consider myself a real woman, thank you! ;)). Went to the VS store last week, only to find that the fabrics have changed dramatically. The reason I liked VS cotton undies is because of the thick, durable cotton - same reason I like Hanna unders for my DD. The cotton they now use is thin and cheap, looks worn out within a few washes and definitely doesn't have the same comfort factor. I had stocked up on the "good" VS undies a couple of years ago, and last year, when I bought a couple that were of this thin fabric, I thought it was a fluke. At least going by our store, it looks like *all* their cotton undies are now of the cheap, thin fabric. Darn it.

So if anyone has other suggestions for other brands of thick, comfy 100% cotton undies, please do share! Thanks.

WatchingThemGrow
06-26-2008, 04:48 PM
So I originally suggested VS low-rise - which I have used for years (yes, guilty of modest derriere - but still consider myself a real woman, thank you! ;)). Went to the VS store last week, only to find that the fabrics have changed dramatically. The reason I liked VS cotton undies is because of the thick, durable cotton - same reason I like Hanna unders for my DD. The cotton they now use is thin and cheap, looks worn out within a few washes and definitely doesn't have the same comfort factor. I had stocked up on the "good" VS undies a couple of years ago, and last year, when I bought a couple that were of this thin fabric, I thought it was a fluke. At least going by the San Francisco downtown store, it looks like *all* their cotton undies are now of the cheap, thin fabric. Darn it.

So if anyone has other suggestions for other brands of thick, comfy 100% cotton undies, please do share! Thanks.

LOL, so the backstock I discovered in the attic this a.m. from 2005 when I went to maternity undies has value? Awesome! I'll work hard to get back down to that size now :)