PDA

View Full Version : Small travel diaper bag for twins.

mamaoftwins
06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi all,

We have the Eddie Bauer Messenger-style diaper bag that we use on a regular basis for our guys and just love it. But we are now looking for something smaller for quick trips. Particularly to bring to a baseball game with us at the end of the month. It will need to hold roughly 8 diapers, some wipes, 4 bottles and a few little odds and ends. Our current bag is just too big for this task. Over-the-shoulder or backpack style is fine. Any suggestions?

TIA!!

michlyn
06-15-2008, 12:17 AM
how about a skip hop duo? that is what I currently use for my boys. Lots of great organization. Actually it's too small for us now and I am upgrading to the skip hop double duo.

mamaoftwins
06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Oooh, that looks perfect! Thank you!! :)

Melaine
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Just copied and pasted my response from another thread:

I have the Skip Hop Spark from Target. I found it on clearance for $7.50 (reg. $30) just because the tags had been detached (I assume). It is supposedly very very similar to the SH Duo. I love it, especially for the price. After having numerous diaper bags, I've stuck with this one for months now and it has held up great. Being able to strap it to the stroller, grab the handles, or use it over the shoulder is the best. The material does not seem to attract dirt the way others I had did. I haven't washed it yet though, doesn't need it.
The Duo is on sale at SkipHop.com!
http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=CLRN&&Product_Code=112000

Melaine
06-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Update: I just got a Skip Hop Duo on sale at Amazon for less than $19!
http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-112010-Duo-Canvas-Storm/dp/B0002HJ0P2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1213760458&sr=1-1
There are also some in the cord pattern on sale. Check the bargains board.

mamaoftwins
06-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks, Melanie!! I found a Spark just this am at Target and had a coupon for 50% off any item. Love it! Thanks for the idea!! :)

mamaoftwins
06-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Ooh, I wanted to add for anyone else reading this thread that the Skip Hop Spark from Target and the Duo are pretty similar it seems ... some differences I've noticed today ... the Spark has bottle pockets on both sides (yay for twins!), the Duo has one bottle pocket and a cell phone pocket. The measurements on the Spark (in inches) are 14.5w x 13h x 4.25d (measured by me!) and the Duo 13 x 13.75 x 4.25 (listed on the Skip Hop website). The Spark's main pocket closure is velcro. So, the potential exists for me to dump the contents of the main pocket on the floor if I'm not careful, although the velcro closure measures 3.5in long, so it covers a good width of the bag, so dumping probably won't happen, but just an FYI. I do not know how the Duo's main pocket closes (magnetic maybe? That's what it looks like from the website). The shuttle clips are a little different - they look a little prettier and fancier on the Duo - but they operate the same way on both bags in attaching the bag to your stroller. The Spark in addition to the messenger style strap, has straps on either side so you can carry it more like the handles on a purse. The messenger strap can be detached on the Spark and the Duo. The Duo now has a little shoulder pad on the strap. The Spark is regularly $29.99 at Target and the Duo lists at $54 on Skip Hop's website. But there are various sales going on ... Ok, I think that's it. :)

Thanks, michlyn & Melanie for turning me on to Skip Hop - I never would have looked at them otherwise! :)

PS I got the black/charcoal lined & bottom Spark - I wanted the red, but this whole shopping excursion started b/c we needed something to go to a baseball game with and it happens that we will be watching the mets play the cardinals, and we are mets fans, so I can't really show up there with a red bag, now can I? ;p