PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Frontier with the long path in a Toyota minivan?

hillview
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I just got off the phone with Britax (LOVE THEIR PHONE PEOPLE). I was really annoyed I couldnt figure out the long path on the Frontier last weekend with the seat tech. Britax walked me through it on the phone but I didn't try it as I LOVE my short path install for right now and frankly it is TOO hot to try to redo it if the long path doesn't work.

Has anyone done the long path in a recent Toyota minivan in the capt seats?
TIA!
/hillary

Joolsplus2
06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
If you love the short path, why bother with the long path?

hillview
06-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Short path took um maybe 25 mins to do right -- had to redo it like 10 times to get it tight. I LOVE THIS specific install ;) but in general it seems a little hard. I am thinking that maybe the long belt path would be faster/easier? Am I smoking something. When it isn't 90+ degrees out I know I will have to undo the nice short path install and try the long and redo the short (also need to do a car wash so will have to).

/hillary

Joolsplus2
06-12-2008, 08:40 AM
I had the best response last night but hit some button on my laptop and lost half of it...had to give up and sleep off the frustration :32: :ROTFLMAO:

I don't *think* the LBP will be a problem...that car is fine for Regents with the recline bar which are monstrously huge.

The 'recline the seatback' trick is my favorite for any install... recline it a couple notches (or a lot of notches...all the way!), install the seat as tight as you can that way, then pull the seatback back upright to lock it in place. Of course, I'm assuming your captain's chairs recline :loveeyes:

hillview
06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks!! It is cooler today so will try to give it a go. I want to be able to install without it taking a long time so need the practice.
Thanks again!!
/hillary