PDA

View Full Version : If my DD's carseat is in the middle, do I still need a Britax BV?

wailea
06-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I went to BRU last weekend to look at carseats because my daughter is 1 inch away from outgrowing her Graco Safeseat.

I liked the Britax Marathon and especially the Boulevard because of the side impact protection. However we will be installing the seat in the center back seat of my 2005 Saturn Ion, which does not have side airbags. Wouldn't that be redundant to get the Boulevard, or would it still be an added protection?
I also heard of people having issues seeing out the back window when placed in the center. Is that so?

Thank you!

Joolsplus2
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Any harnessed seat has fine side impact protection, I think. But no, it's not possible to be TOO protected, really... but I think the Marathon is fine :)
Only shorter folks have an issue seeing over those seats when they are installed RF... If you're at least average height I don't think you'll have a problem :)

mom2binsd
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I think either would be fine..the most important is to install the seat rearfacing and keep your little one rearfacing until the limits of the seat...if it's a newer Britax I believe it is 35 pounds...also...you can tether the Britax seats in the rearfacing positions...if you're not sure how to do that...the experts here will help out! I think one of the reasons so many people choose the Marathon over the Boulevard is the fabric choices.. and just so you're aware if you look online at many retailer it's much cheaper than BRU often....albeebaby, babyuniverse, travelingtikes, babycatalogue just to name a few online stores who usually have good sales and free shipping/no tax.

lorinick
06-12-2008, 02:50 AM
We have the Blvd. in the center of Saturn Vue without side air bag. I think having the extra protecion is nice. DS in 10mts. no problem seeing out. I purchased the Britax Blvd.on sale at BRU on clearane for a damaged box, they were also running a sale 15% percent off on clearence items. I also used a 20% coupon on one item and $20 off car seat coupon, a my 10% comp. certicate and $10 coupon someone gave me from a registry kit. I got a great deal. I purchased the seat for under $200 I think $198. Less than Marathon which at the time was $265 there. I was telling everyone at the time about my great deal. Keep in mind you can combine coupons there. Like 20% off one item and car seat coupon which is usually $20 off. :yay:

wailea
06-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Thank you for replying. I think I will purchase the Blvd this weekend, install it right away to check the fit and see how my DD likes it. They will be doing car seat checks at my local Gymboree next week, so I will be taking it there too.

christiedavid3
06-12-2008, 12:41 PM
We have the BV in the center of my Mazda 3 and I can see fine out the back window. DS loves his BV, he's very comfy in it.

wailea
06-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Well I ended up buying the Boulevard today. We installed it very quickly with the latch system, and thanks to the Britax video instruction online we were able to tether it rear-facing and the seat seems perfectly anchored. It does not move at all, it's great. My car comes with 3 tether anchor points in the back when forward facing, so in a year or 2 that will be helpful too.
The fit is perfect and I can see out the back window with no problem. I like it so far!