PDA

View Full Version : What to do with last 3 days b4 delivery?

tmarie
06-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Well, I have an induction date for next week. I go in on Monday night for cervidil and will hopefully deliver on Tuesday. I will only be 36 weeks but due to low amniotic fluid, peri, OB, dh and I have decided this is the best course of action.

So.....now I need to figure out what to do with the next few days!! :) I have a 3 yo who is at school tomorrow, then the weekend with she and dh. I am tempted to schedule a manicure and pedicure (haircut is today!). The nursery is almost ready--I just need to hang things on the wall. But I can't decide what to wash. Last week dd measured 5lbs 10oz, but I know that can be off. Again, she will be 36 weeks. I am going to wash a few things and maybe purchase some swaddling blankets. What else should I do? :)

tmarie
dd#1 5/05
dd#2 6/08

veronica
06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
rest, rest, rest. these will be the last days before you have 3 DC's. I would wash only one or two outfits. It's easy to do a load when you get home once you know what size you will need and the baby will likely be swaddled. Good luck and enjoy.

elephantmeg
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I'd go for the mani/pedi and maybe a special time with your daughter or as a family this weekend? With lots of rest and fluids of course! The last day before DD was born we hung around a while and then went to a friends house for a simple playdate. It was good to feel that I had focused some special attention on DS-I spend a lot of time with him but I tried to do some things he would think were really fun. Maybe go out for breakfast as a family? And then a good date night would be great too (my IL's watched DS the night before while we went out).

nov04
06-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Mani and pedi sounds good. Just make sure they have good sanitation standards (footbaths sanitized etc).

We had about 6 preemie sleepers on hand for dd1. She was 5lb 7oz at 36w6d and came home a few oz. lighter. She was in them until shortly before her edd. She was a skinny one though with my pih.

all the best!!!!

annasmom
06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes for the mani/pedi!! Read a nice trashy novel while your dc is in school to keep your mind off of next week. Do something special, just you and your dd#1.

My dc#3 was born at 36 weeks and was 6.5 pounds. He fit perfectly into newborn clothing. We had a lot of preemie clothes because dc #1 and #2 were preemies - but they were MUCH smaller. Dc#3 didn't spend any time in the preemie clothes. He also gained weight a lot faster than my other 2, because he didn't have to gain the strength to eat.

Good luck!!!

mamaoftwins
06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
rest, rest, rest. these will be the last days before you have 3 DC's. I would wash only one or two outfits. It's easy to do a load when you get home once you know what size you will need and the baby will likely be swaddled. Good luck and enjoy.

:yeahthat: My advice ... SLEEP!!! :)

I hope all goes well for you, your family, and the new addition.