PDA

View Full Version : Who knew?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
That ice cream cones were the best motivater!?!? DD has been peeing on the potty no problem for a few months. #2 is a whole other story. She was adiment about not going on the potty. Well, I offered her everything I could think of. Then I found mini ice cream cones at Target. Well, that girl was determined to get one! I gave her one the first day to show her how yummy they were. It took only three days! (And yes, she was asking for an ice cream cone 50 times a day) Finally, she decided she really wanted it, and has gone #2 on the potty two days in a row! I am so proud of her! :bighand:

ETA: DH's take? "Well, when she's older and takes a crap, then says 'Man I could really go for some ice cream' guess we will all know why!"

ellies mom
06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Cool! It is always good to find "the" motivator. For DD1, it was a Hello Kitty watch but I was at the point where it could have been a car and I'd have been thrilled.

KrisM
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
The "ice cream store" aka Coldstone Creamery is ours. It helped with potty training, not crying when going to school,not sucking his fingers, sleeping all night in his room, etc. Seriously, the kid loves ice cream and can change most behaviors if rewarded with it!

maestramommy
06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
:ROTFLMAO:Well done! Hmmm, where are those mini icecream cones?

stefani
06-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Congratulations! :-)

For a while DS would urinate on the toilet just fine, but to defecate he had to have diaper on. It took a few weeks but finally he was OK with #1 or #2 on the toilet.

Thanks for the "bribery" idea though, I think I will use it to get DS to pose nicely for our annual pictures. The photographer took about 30-40 pictures last year to get a handful that are semi good. He was making goofy faces or running away or turning away. It was exhausting!

twindad
06-12-2008, 03:27 PM
The mini ice cream cones are EXACTLY what motivated our twin girls to conquer #2 on the potty. Hooray for Joy Cone Co.!