PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Guess who's happy to be nauseous (siggie outing)?

wencit
06-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Congratulations are in order to.....

.................................................. ...........................................
.................................................. ...........................................

Katie (kijip)!!!

Congratulations! I know it's been a long, tough road, but I'm so happy for you!

bubbaray
06-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Oooh, good eye!

Congratuations!!! :)

buddyleebaby
06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Congratulations Katie!
I know you were happy being a mom of one, but the world of two is beautiful as well.

Best Wishes!

MontrealMum
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Katie - I am so very happy for you!!! I hope you have an easy and uneventful pregnancy. :bighand:

SnuggleBuggles
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
No way!! :) Congratulations!!! I hope you have a happy, healthy pg! You'll love the age spacing too, btw, I bet (hope).

Beth

citymama
06-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Woo-hoo! Inauguration Day no less - in with the new baby, out with the old President...:yay:

Congrats and stay well!

mamaoftwins
06-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Congratulations, Katie!!! :yay:

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

And on Inauguration Day, love it.

:)

edited for a typo.

tylersmama
06-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh, wow, congratulations Katie!!!!

Here's to a happy and uneventful pregnancy!

shilo
06-13-2008, 06:16 PM
whoa, wait, what??? that's awesome!!! big, big congrats to you and your family. wishing you an uneventful election season and an inauguration that goes off without a hitch ;).

lori

maestramommy
06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Katie, life is full of surprises. Congratulations on your little blessing. I pray for sticky vibes and an easy 9 months ahead of you:cheerleader1:

caleymama
06-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh, how wonderful! Many, many good wishes coming your way, Katie. I'm SO happy for you!!

Corie
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Congratulations, Katie!!

Great news! :)

Tondi G
06-13-2008, 06:58 PM
CONGRATS Katie! A Happy and healthy nine months to ya!

candybomiller
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

elektra
06-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Congratulations!

urquie
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
what fabulous news - congratulations!!

AmyZ
06-13-2008, 07:07 PM
How exciting!!!

Congrats Katie! :cheerleader1: :yay:

daniele_ut
06-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Congrats Katie!!!!!!!!!

LBW
06-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Congratulations!!!

ThreeofUs
06-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh, many congratulations! Have a fun pregnancy!

MelissaTC
06-13-2008, 07:17 PM
How wonderful for you!!!! Congratulations!!!

aa2mama
06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Congratulations!!!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-13-2008, 07:33 PM
No way! That is awesome! Congratulations! Here's to 9 healthy and happy months!

Puddy73
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Katie, I'm so happy for you!!!!!! Best wishes for a healthy and comfortable pregnancy!

kijip
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Thank you. I am just past 8 weeks and we have a strong heartbeat seen on u/s, as well as a too many pregnancy symptions to miss. I had the easiest pregnancy with Toby but this one is constant nausea. As some might guess this was a total surprize. I had this one day where I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, um my breasts look better than they normally do but I chalked it up to a flattering new shirt. Then the next day I was too tired to go to church and was an absolute wallflower at a party in the afternoon out of exhaustion but I chalked that up to being busy. Then the following day, I started vomiting and I chalked it up to questionable chinese food. Then the following day after that my husband announced that he thought I most certainly was pregnant. I said nononononononoNO all the way to the drug store and the second pink line appeared in 1/2 a second, before the test line was even darkening. Life is crazy sometimes! Every single stitch of baby stuff is out of the house now, so I have about 7 months to start stocking up again. It's no great loss since at least this time around I know what I really will use/want.

Beth- I think I am going to love the age difference too! I am really happy with it on reflection- Toby will be in Kindergarten giving him a break from baby and me time to devote to baby alone for a good 5-6 hours a day.

Still nervous about miscarriage but everything looks and feels really good. I never felt super pregnant for long with a mc and the heartbeat was very reassuring.

ETA: It took me until today to realize that I am due on 1/20/09. Or rather I knew I was due on the 20th but I did not remember that was of any importance. Had to share that here once I realized because it is just a little too funny for me.

LarsMal
06-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Congratulations! That is awesome!

Keep up that strong heartbeat, little baby!!!

niccig
06-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Congratulations. And don't worry about the baby stuff you no longer have, we'll be happy to help restock your home with baby things.

Emmas Mom
06-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Congrats! Sending lots of sticky vibes your way & wishing you a happy, healthy & uneventful nine months.

Clarity
06-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Katie,
I've been around just long enough to know how much you wanted a second child. CONGRATULATIONS on the wonderful news...here's to a happy, healthy 9 months.
Amy

zephyr
06-13-2008, 08:44 PM
That is wonderful news! Congrats!
I'm sure Toby will be an awesome big brother and have fun shopping!
Keep us updated, I can guess how much this little heartbeat means to you.

Sillygirl
06-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Congratulations! Toby's going to be the best big brother ever! Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy.

fortato
06-13-2008, 08:49 PM
WOW! I had no idea!:wink2:

Congratulations Katie! Wishing you a quiet and uneventful pregnancy!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Congratulations Katie!

hez
06-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Congratulations!

brittone2
06-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Holy cannoli!!! I am so excited for you Katie!

Best wishes for a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy. I hope you get some nausea relief soon!

T. will be a great big brother :) It will melt your heart.

Congrats! I know it was a long road.

elliput
06-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Wow, what a surprise! Congratulations, and I hope your nausea goes away very soon. :)

pb&j
06-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Congrats! Hope the rest of your 9 mos is boring as can be. :)

jk3
06-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Congratulations!

sidmand
06-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Congratulations Katie!

I know from your posts that it has been a long, tough road. Here's to a great 7 more months though!

lmintzer
06-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Congratulations, Katie! And what a perfect due date. : )

My brother was born when I was in Kindergarten, and I think it was great for my mom for all the reasons you said. I was a little jealous at first, but we developed a super relationship (which we still have to this day). I remember teaching him how to sound out words, how to draw, and multiplication facts (when he was too young to understand what they meant). We loved the shock value when I'd ask this little 2 1/2 year-old what 3 X 7 was and he'd pipe up "21".

lisams
06-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Congratulations!! Here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy!! I'm so happy for you!

g-mama
06-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Katie - that is so awesome!! I remember way back when when you were really hoping for a second, and then when you grew to be at peace with having just one. I couldn't be more happy for you and your family.

gatorsmom
06-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Wow, you seemed so set on just having the one. Totally threw me there!

I'm so happy for you! P and PT that this is an uneventful pregnancy.

mudder17
06-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Congratulations! I hope you get past the nausea sooner rather than later. :cheerleader1:

kijip
06-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow, you seemed so set on just having the one. Totally threw me there!

Threw me too! I was literally saying nononononono because I was totally comfortable with having one. But it didn't take long (like 2 minutes) to get happy about the possibility. And we both skipped out of the u/s. :)

newmomto1
06-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Thank you. I am just past 8 weeks and we have a strong heartbeat seen on u/s, as well as a too many pregnancy symptions to miss. I had the easiest pregnancy with Toby but this one is constant nausea. As some might guess this was a total surprize. I had this one day where I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, um my breasts look better than they normally do but I chalked it up to a flattering new shirt. Then the next day I was too tired to go to church and was an absolute wallflower at a party in the afternoon out of exhaustion but I chalked that up to being busy. Then the following day, I started vomiting and I chalked it up to questionable chinese food. Then the following day after that my husband announced that he thought I most certainly was pregnant. I said nononononononoNO all the way to the drug store and the second pink line appeared in 1/2 a second, before the test line was even darkening. Life is crazy sometimes! Every single stitch of baby stuff is out of the house now, so I have about 7 months to start stocking up again. It's no great loss since at least this time around I know what I really will use/want.

Beth- I think I am going to love the age difference too! I am really happy with it on reflection- Toby will be in Kindergarten giving him a break from baby and me time to devote to baby alone for a good 5-6 hours a day.

Still nervous about miscarriage but everything looks and feels really good. I never felt super pregnant for long with a mc and the heartbeat was very reassuring.

ETA: It took me until today to realize that I am due on 1/20/09. Or rather I knew I was due on the 20th but I did not remember that was of any importance. Had to share that here once I realized because it is just a little too funny for me.

CONGRATS to you!
I had a really tough time including a m/c while ttc #2
My first pg (DS) was a breeze.
My pg with DD was miserable almost from day 1 until the day she was born. I was mega-nauseated the whole 9 months...& the entire time I felt awful..but, I was SOOOOOOOOO happy to be pg & knowing the nausea (although miserable) was a good sign.
Have FUN & good luck :)

purpleeyes
06-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh, yay Katie! Honestly, this brought happy tears to my eyes. I am so so happy for you! Best of luck for a smooth, relaxed pregnancy.

psophia17
06-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Congrats Katie! Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans, eh? Here's to a boring 32 more weeks!

elizabethkott
06-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Get the $*#@ outta here!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
May you have a deliriously wonderful pregnancy... minus being further nauseated.
YAYYAYYAYYAYYAY!!!!!
I'm drinking a toast to you right now! :D

JBaxter
06-13-2008, 11:16 PM
:innocent: Ok I admit I DID come across your thread on MDC a week or so ago but didnt want to out you here till you felt more solid with the baby. Im glad you feel bad :)
I know how hard it is to have a loss or 2. Congrats!

caheinz
06-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Congrats, Katie!

Here's hoping the lb arrives a bit early or late, so you can (hopefully!) celebrate the due date in another way!

trumansmom
06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
:innocent: Ok I admit I DID come across your thread on MDC a week or so ago but didnt want to out you here till you felt more solid with the baby. Im glad you feel bad :)
I know how hard it is to have a loss or 2. Congrats!

LOL! There was a lot of that going around! ;)

But it's great to finally be able to say CONGRATULATIONS!

wendmatt
06-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Congratulations Katie, what great news

Lovingliv
06-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Congratulations, Katie!!!

Praying for an uneventful 9 months!!!

kijip
06-13-2008, 11:56 PM

Sorry to hold out on ya gals, joining the due date club was the only thing I could do to keep it on the DL IRL. :love-retry: IRL, I have told the parents/immediate family, asked for prayers at church and told my assistant at work (could not otherwise explain the vomiting thing without her worrying she was going catch something right before her wedding!) Now that we have the heartbeat I feel good given our history but still cautious. Your well wishes and sticky thoughts mean a lot- this baby could use the BBB mojo. :)

kijip
06-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Just found out: my little brother's family is expecting #2 in February (niece turns one tomorrow)! So 2 pregnancies at the same time and two cousins close in age. Exciting. :cheerleader1::love-retry:

janeybwild
06-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Congratulations Katie, I know that this has been a struggle for you. Wishing you the world's most boring pregnancy :)

kijip
06-14-2008, 02:43 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful and kind remarks and well wishes. :22: You have brought a smile not just to my face but my husband's as well. Well, off to bed...my niece turns ONE tomorrow so I have to ready to party it down, Sesame Street style. :p

kijip
06-14-2008, 02:46 AM
LOL! There was a lot of that going around! ;)

But it's great to finally be able to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Hey there, have not seen you in awhile. :hug: I'll fess up and say Eleanor and Truman are on our name lists. I think you once said you wanted to be me when you grew up, well I want to be you when I grow up. You have fabulous taste in names, kids clothes and politics. :)

elephantmeg
06-14-2008, 07:11 AM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

heatherlynn
06-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Congrats Katie! So excited for you and your family!

egoldber
06-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Congratulations Katie!!!!! I know this has been such a hard road for you and I so very happy for you! TRy to enjoy every moment of your pegnancy. That's one thing I wasn't able to do with Amy and I regret that, but it wasn't to be helped.

And while it wasn't planned, I love love LOVE having 5 years between the girls. I think it is awesome spacing. Sarah is so helpful and so able to REALLY understand when I'm too busy or don't feel well or have been up all night. She's old enough to have all her own activities so she she doesn't feel too overwhelmed or smothered by the attention on Amy. Its great!

KBecks
06-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Wow!!!!!!! Congratulations Katie!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful, easy pregnancy and birth.

KrisM
06-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Congratulations!!

So happy for you.

kristenk
06-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Congratulations!:cheerleader1: That's so wonderful!

cleo27
06-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow - congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. I bet Toby will love being a big brother.

Can I also say that I think it is extra cool that this was such a surprise? DH and I tend to be such over-planners (due mainly to his influence) - I would so love to have a pg surprise!

Hope the nausea gets better soon and the rest of the pg is super easy until the little one arrives!!

JenaW
06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
congrats! As one who has also had four losses, and knows how hard it is to be optimistic when pregnant, I wish you a completely boring and uneventful rest of your pregnancy.

Jera

trumansmom
06-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey there, have not seen you in awhile. :hug: I'll fess up and say Eleanor and Truman are on our name lists. I think you once said you wanted to be me when you grew up, well I want to be you when I grow up. You have fabulous taste in names, kids clothes and politics. :)

My kids are too old for me to have too much to say over here any more, but I do check in to see how everyone is doing from time to time. :) I would be thrilled and flattered for another Truman or Eleanor running around the Pacific NW. If we had another (and we WON'T), it would be Carter - boy or girl. ;)

Congratulations again.

kijip
06-14-2008, 11:18 AM
And while it wasn't planned, I love love LOVE having 5 years between the girls. I think it is awesome spacing. Sarah is so helpful and so able to REALLY understand when I'm too busy or don't feel well or have been up all night. She's old enough to have all her own activities so she she doesn't feel too overwhelmed or smothered by the attention on Amy. Its great!

Thanks for that feedback, that is what I was thinking too. Toby can read to the baby, has lots of things he loves to do when we need a minute to change, feed and diaper the baby. I think it is going to be great. But it is nice to hear it from experienced hands like you and one of the other Beths (Snuggle...). :)

mamicka
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Congrats! What a great surprise!

icunurse
06-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Congrats! Wishing you a happy, healthy, and uneventful 9 months!

mama2g03
06-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Congrats, Katie! Wishing you a healthy, happy, easy pregnancy and babe. What a blessing.

amandabea
06-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Congratulations! (and 5 stars :bighand: )

elaineandmichaelsmommy
06-14-2008, 04:02 PM
oh wow that's fabulous!!!! Congratulations on your upset tummy.:D

octmom
06-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Congrats, Katie! Hope you have an uneventful pregnancy and an easy delivery.

I tried posting a little bit ago, but my laptop battery is dead and some 2 y.o. hands pulled the plug just as I was typing. ;)

cuca_
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Congratulations!!!

ShanaMama
06-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Katie!! I am so thrilled for you & your family. Best wishes for a happy & healthy nine months & beyond.

SweetTooth
06-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Congratulations!!

julieakc
06-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Congrats - I hope everything goes smoothly. Toby is going to make a wonderful big brother - and how fun that he or she will have a cousin just a couple months younger.

Melanie
06-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise.

Wife_and_mommy
06-15-2008, 08:47 AM
What a surprise!! Congratulations, Katie!:cheerleader1:

turtledove
06-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow, that's great news Katie!! Congrats!

kozachka
06-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow, what a happy surprise! Congratulations!

HannaAddict
06-16-2008, 02:17 AM
WOW! Congratulations! I hope everything is smooth sailing and uneventful. :)

Kimberly

o_mom
06-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise!!

Pennylane
06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Congrats Katie!! Here's wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!

Ann

boolady
06-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Congratulations, Katie! Lots of good wishes and sticky vibes headed your way.

stefani
06-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Congratulations Katie! Wishing you an easy and healthy pregnancy!

ha98ed14
06-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats! P&PT for a healthy pregnancy :)

StantonHyde
06-16-2008, 10:50 PM
OMG!!!! I am LATE to the party---just saw it in your siggie in another post. CONGRATS!!!!! I just so hope everything goes well.

I had a friend who had done all sorts of fertility treatments and just gave up. When her DC 1 was 6, she went in to have gall bladder surgery--they always do a pg test prior. She was ticked when they said she was pg because she just figured she would mc again and have to reschedule the surgery etc etc. By 10 weeks she finally accepted that she was actually pg and went to the MD. It was fantastic. DC 1 was a great big sister and the early baby stuff was so much easier!!!

I guess if you think of the baby as God's gift to you, then throwing up in the church parking lot is your way of saying thank you. :loveeyes:

kijip
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I guess if you think of the baby as God's gift to you, then throwing up in the church parking lot is your way of saying thank you. :loveeyes:
:hysterical:

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that. Today I have kept down 1/2 a bagel with cheese and like 2 ounces cooked salmon and 2 cheese sticks. So like 500 calories. I am so queasy, I feel like I have been on a non-stop roller coaster. If I drink more than an ounce at a time, that comes up too. I am going to consider upping the ante to Zofran or something. Mama's gotta eat. :)

Again, thanks for all the wonderful well wishes, thoughts and prayers. I am truly quite overcome by the outpouring of kindness here. Thank you all.

saschalicks
06-17-2008, 01:25 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Katie, that is so fantastic! I'm so happy for you.

kedss
06-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Congratul;ations, Katie! Toby will be a great big brother! :)
Sending you good vibes for the coming months. :)

hugs

buttergirl12
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Congratulations and lots of positive thoughts for the coming months.

JTsMom
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Man, am I late to the party! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :yay:

Huge congrats Katie! I'm so happy for you! :bighand: