PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad...Tim Russert has died

overcome
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
I just loved Tim Russert. I am not political at all, but always enjoyed his interviews and commentaries. He was just so likeable, to me anyway.

I am crying for the loss of such a young (58), kind person.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_en_tv/obit_russert_25;_ylt=ArWwQy3HqZrKfjTPuFIq1n4E1vAI

LBW
06-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree. I was so looking forward to his election night coverage. I'll miss his wipe board.

octmom
06-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I've always liked him too and admired his devotion to family. What a loss. :(

Puddy73
06-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I'll miss him, too. I always appreciated his political coverage, his perspective and his love of his hometown (Buffalo, NY). Sunday mornings just won't be the same!

kijip
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM
58 is way too young to die. I am so sorry for his wife and son.

LarsMal
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I am very sad, too. DH and I watched Meet the Press every Sunday morning and follow all political coverage on MSNBC. DH is heartbroken.

I'll never forget a couple years ago...We were at a Wizards game and Tim Russert and his son were sitting a few rows in front of us. His son also had his girlfriend there. They put him up on the big screen during the whole "Kiss Your Neighbor" thing and his son leaned over and kissed his dad instead of his girlfriend. The whole place laughed. It was so sweet.

So so sad.

Clarity
06-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Dh and I saw this tonight and were simply speechless. I just love Tim Russert and am so saddened by the loss. I've always considered him a bit of a local boy simply b/c he attended college in NEO.
I'm so going to miss his election coverage and Meet the Press will never be the same for me. I'm in tears over the loss. God Bless, Tim. And goodbye.

jk3
06-13-2008, 09:35 PM
It's heartbreaking. What a loss.

heatherlynn
06-14-2008, 07:17 AM
I know. I'm so sad. What a loss to the world. :(

SAHMIL
06-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I was a total Meet the Press junkie. Sunday mornings won't be the same again!

JenaW
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Can I just say i am so glad I am not the only one!!! DH was gobsmacked (OMG where did THAT word come from???) that I was crying last night when I saw the news. I am not overly into politics, and I have no clue why his death has me so sad (pregnancy hormones???) but I too feel a big loss. Perhaps because he WAS so young, and such a well-recognized figure, and truly seemed like a genuinely good man. Larsmal's story about Tim and his son at the game has me in tears all over again. Prayers for his soul and his family.

Jera

Bens Momma
06-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I was stunned and so sad when I heard he'd died. He seemed so intelligent yet down to earth and genuine. From the coverage and commentary from a WIDE variety of personalities on TV, it seems he was just as he appeared to the viewers. I loved his style of interviewing and the fact that he was not "awestruck" by whomever he was interviewing, always asking the tough questions and not just stroking their egos. I will really miss his coverage of the historic upcoming election. 58 is WAY TOO YOUNG for anyone to die! A reminder to make everyday count!

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, especially on Father's Day!
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

hollybloom24
06-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm so sad about Tim Russert too. He was a good and honest man and a journalist with true integrity. Watching the coverage on tv last night made me so sad for his family and friends - hardly anyone interviewed had a dry eye (me included).

I read on MSNBC you can email sympathies to his family:

To offer messages of condolence to Tim Russert's family, e-mail: [email protected]

DrSally
06-14-2008, 11:41 PM
I was so shocked too. He was so young. He was always so knowledgable and enthuastic, and an excellent interviewer. I like the point they've been making on his tributes that he was tough, but always civil.

momtoethan
06-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Not a huge political person, but enjoyed seeing him from time to time especially during the presidential elections. He was definitely the type of person who even if you didn't pay attention or watch too much television, most likely you would've heard of him. What a heartbreak for his family to lose him at such a young age of 58.

octmom
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I just saw (on msnbc.com) an interview that Matt Lauer did this morning with Tim Russert's son, Luke. I was in tears a few times, particularly when they showed a photo of Luke on the set of Meet the Press yesterday, touching his dad's chair. It is so apparent in watching Luke that, every single day of his life, he knew how much his father loved him and how very lucky he is. I'm sure his dad was beaming down on him this morning and bursting with pride.

LarsMal
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I just saw (on msnbc.com) an interview that Matt Lauer did this morning with Tim Russert's son, Luke. I was in tears a few times, particularly when they showed a photo of Luke on the set of Meet the Press yesterday, touching his dad's chair. It is so apparent in watching Luke that, every single day of his life, he knew how much his father loved him and how very lucky he is. I'm sure his dad was beaming down on him this morning and bursting with pride.

I just finished watching the interview, and I just don't think I can watch anymore. My throat hurts from fighting back tears. Seeing that photo of Luke on the set, then watching the interview, as well as the other clip where Matt Lauer got choked up was just too much! I wish I could just reach in the computer, grab Luke, and give him a huge hug.

So, so sad! And watching Meet the Press yesterday with the empty chair, and seeing James Carville and Mary Matalin holding hands was also so touching and sweetly sad.