PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices

SAHMIL
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok, so nothing new, but i thought you all might get a good laugh out of how one of the supermarkets in the area, Jewel, gives you a coupon for 50 cents off your total gas purchase.

As if that helps any...

cost me $49 to fill my car today with 11 gallons of gas. That's ludicrous!

s7714
06-14-2008, 12:41 AM
One of my local stores was doing something similar to that a year or so ago. The cashier told me "Oh, and you earned a $1 gas credit!" and then muttered... "like it's really worth anything since the closest gas station that'll accept it is out in ____" which was about 50 miles away! It probably would have taken more than a $1 worth of gas to even go there!

Yeah, it was $75 for me to fill up last week. :( I'm just glad DH car pools so he can split the gas bill for their long commute!

dotgirl
06-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Don't tell my DH, but when I fill up, I've stopped using the "Premium" (because it's $4.79 a gallon!) and started using the "Regular Unleaded". It still cost me $70 to fill up. To be fair, we do drive a Nissan Pathfinder, but because we carpool and our roundtrip to work is only 8-miles, it's not usually too bad, but still. $70! Ye gods.

elizabethkott
06-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm starting to think investing in a pony may not be such a cockamamie idea after all.
I could name him Sparkles and rent him out to local neighborhood kids for rides on the weekends to make some extra cash.
Granted, I would have to leave for work much, much earlier, but it might be worth it in the long run.
:D

vludmilla
06-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm starting to think investing in a pony may not be such a cockamamie idea after all.
I could name him Sparkles and rent him out to local neighborhood kids for rides on the weekends to make some extra cash.
Granted, I would have to leave for work much, much earlier, but it might be worth it in the long run.
:D

Liz,
You absolutely kill me. So funny!

SAHMIL
06-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I think the pony idea is a great one!

SAHMIL
06-15-2008, 05:28 PM
So going on this pony thing..,.

How is the price of hay these days?