PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh, so what toddler car seat should I get?

hobie
06-13-2008, 09:24 PM
My big boys are just about too big for their current car seats, at 37lbs 44", and 39lbs 44". They'll be 5 in Sept, but I'd like to keep them in a 5pt for as long as possible. What should they be in next? The Fronteir? The Nautilus? Something else? I have to buy 2 of these seats, so a good price is a bonus, but safety is first, followed by comfort for the boys.

The seats need to go 3 across with their little bro's seat Britax Boulevard. We have a big car - Toyota Sequoia - so that shouldn't be a problem, but I'd love to be able to downsize to a smaller car that could also accomodate 3 in big seats.

schrocat
06-13-2008, 09:43 PM
I've never seen the Frontier but I bought a Nautilus for $137.49 shipped at babycenter this morning. It definitely has that good price bonus.

Joolsplus2
06-14-2008, 04:07 PM
See if you can try the Nautilus first, some people find the crotch strap to be really tight on it, and the Frontier is exceptionally roomy by comparison. I know for sure I can get a forward facing britax convertible next to a harnessed frontier in a small car http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/Frontier/photo#5208143231899203954
but as a booster it's probably not really going to be feasible to buckle it next to another seat. But my dd did fit harnessed in it till age 8, so maybe a nice narrow booster will come out in the next year or two if you downsize cars?

hobie
06-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Ok, I'll probably go with the graco, unless there is a good reason why the britax is worth the extra $$...

Joolsplus2
06-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I dunno...Britax is made in the USA (of some foreign components), and has very rigorous side impact testing standards...and of course the much roomier crotch strap positions, and it's much, much taller as a highback booster. So there's a reason it costs more, but the Nautilus really is fine if it fits your kiddo and your car :)