PDA

View Full Version : Frontier in Ody Captains chair

tribecamom
06-14-2008, 07:02 PM
has anyone tried it? need to use seatbelts as my kids are 40+ pounds ...anyone know which belt path to use?

Joolsplus2
06-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh great..I so far have only tried it with LATCH. But since I never had a problem with my old Huskies, I think it'll be a breeze with one belt path or another. I can try tomorrow to be sure. (The trick for the Ody of course is to recline the seatback before installing, then pull it back upright to lock everything in place :) )

I know a couple other moms with Ody's and FR's with no problems, but I don't know if they tried the belt or just the LATCH, either

Davids-Coco
06-14-2008, 08:24 PM
stupid van question... do captain chair have tether points normally? We are thinking about one in the near future.

Joolsplus2
06-14-2008, 08:41 PM
stupid van question... do captain chair have tether points normally? We are thinking about one in the near future.
Yeah, usually they do (can't think of any brands that don't!)

It's the third row where you get some variability... sometimes one full set of LATCH, sometimes just one or two anchors... but the captain's chairs are fully loaded :)

tribecamom
06-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I tried the long belt path but I could barely buckle the seat in (almost couldn't reach)...once I finally got it in, and lifted up the reclined seat I had no way of gettting the slack out of the lap belt portion (the shoulder belt was very tight but not the lap portion if that makes sense)

Joolsplus2
06-16-2008, 08:54 AM
It's just finesse and practice that'll make that LBP easier and better. I know mine was totally tipped in the Escape, then I kind of sat on it and figured out where the belts were getting hung up and got them rearanged and it straightened out. Glad the belt's long enough, at least! (mine was like 2 inches shy of the buckle when I heard that ominous 'terminal click' and panicked it might not work, but I got it in there, I'm tenacious, lol).

:)