PDA

View Full Version : Chicco KeyFit 30 Question

kijip
06-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Well, I agreed to buy a Chicco KeyFit 30 off a friend in Jan (really we were splitting the seat cost, since she has a 5 month old who she still wants in a bucket for occasional sleep transfer but could not justify the full cost for 7 more months use). I am concerned that if it is the same size shell as the lower limit keyfit, we may have a baby that grows out of it quickly. While not all babies are the same size, my first was just about 23 inches at birth so an exceptionally long/big kid is not unexpected (I was a 10 pounder, and 23 inches...it runs in the family). How long of a kid will this seat fit? I know a lot of you have this seat, so I figured I could get some IRL answers.

I joke that now that the carseat is taken care of, I really have nothing else to worry about baby item wise. The most important item is taken care of. :)

lmwbasye
06-15-2008, 06:23 AM
I don't see many (maybe not any) babies outgrowing this seat quickly. George is 8 1/2 months old and not a tiny guy at all and is sooooooo far from outgrowing this seat.

Keep in mind that more important than length of the child is really that they have a least an inch from the top of their head to the top shell of the seat.

HTH!

Joolsplus2
06-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Leah was (is) a pretty tall girl, and she fit in it till about a year http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats/photo#5015871597836312962

(Congrats, by they way, I read your news in the lounge and rated your post with 5 stars, lol).
:)

vtbonita
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I have an older style KeyFit and a tall baby, and he made it to over 8 months and probably could have gone longer.