PDA

View Full Version : Britax Boulevard vs Marathon

rea
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I have an almost one year old daughter who has outgrown her Graco carseat. I'm looking into a Britax and am unsure whether to go with a Boulevard or a Marathon. It seems like they both have the same upper weight limits, which is important since my daughter is almost 30 pounds already!!

The only part about the Marathon that bugs me is the lack of head support - especially compared to her carseat.

Any input??
Thanks

christiedavid3
06-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Lots of folks love the Marathon. We have the Boulevard and love it. DS uses the headwings when he falls asleep and he's very comfy. Whatever you decide, they're both great seats.

doberbrat
06-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I have both prefer the blvd in several ways. the 'wings' provide support for a sleeping kid's head, the harness adjuster is SO much easier

But, the marathon seems like it gives the kid more room – since it doesn’t have the wings maybe? So for a chunky kid, that might be a consideration – not sure since mine is a skinny minny. And I find the fabrics on the blvd to be HOT she’s much sweatier getting out of the blvd than the marathon.

The other thing to consider is installation -in dh’s car, getting her in/out isn’t a problem but in my van where she’s higher up once in a while, I bang her head trying to slide her in and getting her past the wings. She’s also 36in tall and still RF so that may be where the ‘problem ‘.

Overall, both are GREAT seats. I insisted on the blvd for my van since I’m installing outboard and I’m very happy w/the seat.

Melaine
06-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I think you'll be pleased with either. We love our Marathons, and haven't really had an issue with the lack of head support. Although my girls aren't really very good car sleepers....maybe because there isn't anything to put their heads on! The marathon sure does give them plenty of room.

Joolsplus2
06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Whichever you choose, try to find one of the newest ones with the 35 pound rearfacing weight limit (slightly older models only rearface to 33). It's really recommended that kids ride rearfacing to the limits of convertible seats (35 pounds or till the head is about an inch from the top of the seat), and those extra 2 pounds could offer some extra critical months of growth and spinal development. Here's a great site that explains more about why rearfacing is so safe http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx

I'm a fan of the Marathon, myself...but the Boulevard is great (but I like any seat the encourages easy rearfacing for as long as possible, Doberbrat's post points out how it's a little harder to easily get a kiddo into a BV... the Marathon or Radian with their low sides are easier to load and unload a kiddo...)

:)

lorinick
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
We love our Blvd. I've been using it since DS was 8mts. old. I have not yet had problems loading him into the seat. His in the center RF in mid size SUV. He was small when we moved him to this seat. I loved the body pillow and the SIP wings. I would feel comfortable with either seat.