PDA

View Full Version : Difference in fit between types of Huggies?

jent
06-15-2008, 07:08 PM
We were happy with Pampers until about a month ago when DD would leak over the front top overnight every so often. It seems to be a fit issue as it's not that her diaper was much wetter on those nights. We tried Huggies Supreme "Natural Fit" & that seems to have solved the issue, but since there is a big cost difference I'm wondering if the fit on the "Snug & Dry" ones are the same.

She's 13 months and in size 3's, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

christiedavid3
06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
We like both the Supreme and the regular Huggies. IMO they have much more stretch than Pampers. DS does well with either of the Huggies.

SAHMIL
06-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe you need to try a nighttime diaper. The Huggies Overnites ROCK!!!!

Pampers I had an issue with after DC was 4 months old in that he peed so much that the lining started to fall out and was a pain to clean up.

bubbaray
06-15-2008, 11:14 PM
OK, so here's my take. I find Pampers fit big, Huggies fit small. When either girl started leaking in a Pampers, I moved up to the next size Huggies. When they started leaking throught Huggies, I moved to the same size Pampers and so on. So, for example, DD#2 just started leaking through Pampers size 3's. I've moved her to Huggies size 4s. Once she leaks through Huggies 4's, I will move her to Pampers size 4s.

I use Huggies Supremes and Pampers Cruisers.

HTH

Wife_and_mommy
06-16-2008, 12:54 AM
She might have just needed the next size up. My dc's wore size 4 from quite young.

DrSally
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
I find the supremes to be a bit longer and more absorbant. Before sizing up, we go to the same size in supremes (at least for nighttime), and then the next step is sizing up. Those weight charts are not the best guidelines, b/c DS was always in the next size before he hit the supposed limits of the prev size.

egoldber
06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
I like the Snug&Dry just fine. To me they seem interchangeable with the Supremes.

buddyleebaby
06-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I actually prefer the fit on the snug and dry to that of the "natural" fit. We seemed to get a lot of poop leakage when we used the natural fit.

jent
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Although it sounds like I will just have to try for myself. Not sure if sizing up is the issue, since if Huggies are a little smaller than Pampers, she seemed to do better in the same size Huggies. I think it's the stretchiness of the Huggies, as PP said.

The other problem with sizing up is that with her chubby belly, there isn't a lot of room for the tabs in the size she's in now, let alone a bigger size! ;)