PDA

View Full Version : DD's Dance Recital - A Montage

randomkid
06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Since many of you probably read my post about makeup for the recital, and someone asked me to post pics, I thought I'd share my montage. DD had so much fun and took this so seriously. I think you'll see that her makeup looked better at the recital than at the rehearsal. I used cream blush and a different color lipstick. I also put a little foundation on her to help the makeup stay on better. I was much happier with the result. Looks like a lot, but looked ok on stage. It was mostly all off by the end of the night - lol!

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=61dd86c875323377fcf24c&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

bubbaray
06-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Oh, so CUTE!!!!! Great job on the montage, momma! :)

wencit
06-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Oh my gosh, Kim, that was too precious for words! Your daughter was the best dancer on stage. :) Great job on the video, too -- it brought tears to my eyes, and I know one day your daughter will watch that and love it!

randomkid
06-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply! The link worked? It's not working for me and I was about to edit this post and just put pics in. Let me know if link doesn't work.

kijip
06-15-2008, 11:20 PM
The link worked for me and I think the make-up was very understated and perfectly cute. I love the skirt and she seemed pretty savvy on stage with the moves!

elliput
06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
That is wonderful! Your DD looks like she really enjoys dancing. :love5:

buddyleebaby
06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
What a cutie!
She did a great job!

mama2g03
06-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Kim, that was just priceless. Great job on the montage. Your DD is adorable! Your cheeks must have hurt from smiling so much.

kristenk
06-15-2008, 11:52 PM
That was ADORABLE! And she did such a fabulous job! Wow!

mom2binsd
06-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Kim,

She is darling..am so impressed with the montage...as you know from my response to your makeup question my DD also had a recital...I'll take a moment to show a few pics of her although mine are just plain old pics and I'm lucky that I can actually figure out how to post them...DD is just 5 and is in a combo class so they had a tap, jazz and ballet number...it's a huge recital...in a large college auditorium..the kids love to perform like professionals but I think they love the backstage inbetween time just as much!!

Well, I'll try to post a pic but everytime I try it says the connection was reset when I upload a picture..any suggestions...???

Wife_and_mommy
06-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Kim,

That was just precious! Your DD looks most beautiful with no makeup but you did well.:)

Thanks for sharing with us.:loveeyes:

mom2binsd
06-16-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm learning and trying to post some pics...I'll try this...just uploaded pics onto shutterfly but can't seem to find the IMG #'s- does this work???

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZuGrJo1bsWTlo

Wife_and_mommy
06-16-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm learning and trying to post some pics...I'll try this...just uploaded pics onto shutterfly but can't seem to find the IMG #'s- does this work???

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZuGrJo1bsWTjw

I had to paste in my browser but I saw them. She's precious! Thanks for sharing with us.:)

SweetTooth
06-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Oh my goodness! Your DD was so adorable! Thanks for sharing.

HannaAddict
06-16-2008, 02:06 AM
That was so sweet and Grace did a great job. It made me smile!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Kimberly

eliasmom
06-16-2008, 07:10 AM
That may just be the cutest thing I've ever seen! Grace looks like a born performer - great work and thanks for sharing!

elephantmeg
06-16-2008, 08:13 AM
SO cute! Goodness, so cute! And she appears to be the only one who knew what she was doing, lol. Good job!

elephantmeg
06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Beth, yours are adorable too!

KBecks
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
She's darling. I'm impressed with the montage. Alek has been saying he wants a "golden trophy". Perhaps I need to find a dance class!

blisstwins
06-16-2008, 08:51 AM
That was adorable and she really knew her stuff. My DD is starting dance soon and there is no way I will make it through one of these recitals without bawling my head off. How were YOU during it.

mom2bind--your daughter is beautiful too. I can't believe all the outfit changes! That must have been a production.

LarsMal
06-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Too cute for words! Great job on the montage, too! DH and I bought software to do that stuff, and still can't figure it out!

I seriously need to have my hormones checked! I was all choked up by the end- must be that song- gets me every time!

Great job to both of you!

karolyp
06-16-2008, 09:49 AM
OMG - Kim that was ADORABLE!!!!!

I loved the montage and Grace is just as beautiful as ever. She really knows her moves too - very very cute!!!!

and great job withg the makeup too!!!

caleymama
06-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Oh my gosh, Kim, that was too precious for words! Your daughter was the best dancer on stage. :) Great job on the video, too -- it brought tears to my eyes, and I know one day your daughter will watch that and love it!

That's exactly what I was thinking. She did so well and looked adorable! :bighand:

MontrealMum
06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow - both your daughters are beautiful, and I'm very impressed with the tech skills of the montage!

Puddy73
06-16-2008, 12:19 PM
What a cutie! Great job on the montage, too! :)

randomkid
06-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Thank you all for the nice compliments. I was just planning to upload the video to send to FIL, but then I thought, "I just have to do a little montage".

In response to some of your comments - DD loves dancing and it is very important to her to do it correctly. I signed her up for dance because she was doing complete routines to Barney before she was 2! She is always so serious about her dance class and doesn't play around when she is there.

I was happy with the way her makeup turned out. I also think she is most beautiful without it and hated to put it on her, but for the recital I felt she needed it. When they did a little Winter Showcase at the dance school, I didn't put any on her then.

How did I do? Better than I thought I would. I got a little choked up at the rehearsal and started to at the performance, then the other backstage Mom for DD's class was cracking me up. She is pretty, has the nicest clothes and is so put together, so it makes me laugh when she yells for her DD like she's at a soccer game! She is also a soccer Mom and was before she became a backstage Mom. She was yelling "Whoooo" and "Boogie!" (which is what they call one of the moves). She kept me laughing, so no tears this time. I also think I was so exhausted from the backstage parent thing that I was too tired to cry - LOL!

Beth - Your link worked for me. Your DD looked so cute, and she and her friends looked like they were having fun. DD also had a lot of fun backstage. The older girls were playing with them and the little ones were thrilled. Wish I would have had my camera back there, but DH had it out front. I loved your DD's costume, esp how just changing the bottom made a whole new look.

Thank you all again. We are very proud of DD and I know she'll miss dance class this summer. My work schedule just doesn't work out with the dance camps that are going on around here this summer.

elizabethkott
06-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Ok, she's totally the cutest, most "with-it" one up there!!!
FWIW, while I was watching the montage and video, DS was sitting here in his high chair... he was absolutely ENTRANCED with her! Granted, he *does* like older women, but if she ever goes into professional performance, can he be the first president of her official fan club?
:D

randomkid
06-16-2008, 09:43 PM
FWIW, while I was watching the montage and video, DS was sitting here in his high chair... he was absolutely ENTRANCED with her! Granted, he *does* like older women, but if she ever goes into professional performance, can he be the first president of her official fan club?
:D

Absolutely!