PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gotten a good install with Frontier and Sienna?

kep
06-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Specifically a 2004 Sienna? I ended up having to return our Frontier, because I just could not get a good install, even using the LBP. But now I'm having second thoughts. I ended up going with the Nautilus, but I just love Britax (and the side-impact-protection). Give me the down low! :ROTFLMAO:

murphydog77
06-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Where did you install it on? I've still yet to play with it, but I might next week. I have an '05 Sienna.

murphydog77
06-21-2008, 01:46 AM
OK, I installed it today, short belt path, long belt path, and LATCH in the 2nd row captain's chair. I didn't like the sbp and only got an acceptable install, but that was after spending about 5 minutes on it (it was already over 100 at around 10:30a and that was about all I had patience for :D). As usual with these captain's chairs, you'll get a better install if you twist the buckle stalk.

The lbp was rock solid for me and took the entire amount of seat belt. In fact, I had to recline the vehicle seat to get it buckled.

LATCH took a little bit of work because the LATCH adjusters kept hitting the car seat. Once I adjusted them to sit at an angle where they were kind of inside the belt path, it was easy to pull the straps tight and get a tight install.

I "cheated" with this install and reclined the vehicle seat back before tightening each time, then popped it back upright because it was so hot out. I usually like to not do that when I'm testing seats out in my van because when I'm at a checkup event and I'm working with a sedan, I don't have the option of reclining that vehicle seat. But, it's a great trick to have in your installation bag! And it makes it take about a minute to install a car seat instead of 20 ;).