PDA

View Full Version : You know you're carseat obsessed when.....

mom2binsd
06-16-2008, 05:09 PM
you see an old seat (DOM Aug.99 - looked like a Touriva) put out for trash night...go back down the street later (DS loved the extra bike ride) and cut out the straps (boy were they twisty and nasty) and hope none of my neighbors saw me (or DH who thinks I've lost my mind about carseat safety sometimes)....I just couldn't write all over it "expired" but I figure at least it looks more like trash now...

Share your stories!

tnrnchick74
06-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I carry copies of the latest studies showing that extended rearfacing is safer in the new diaper bag and will give them to anyone who needs education. I've also emailed the info to my brothers in the hopes they will get a clue and keep my younger nieces and nephew rearfacing as long as possible.

Yeah, pushy I know.

Joolsplus2
06-16-2008, 06:56 PM
I found a belt shortening clip (heavy duty locking clip for a certain kind of older seatbelt) in my jewelry box last month....:loveeyes:

Davids-Coco
06-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I made DH rewind a country song that starts out talking about the kid in a booster seat and then listened closely to what they said the kid's age was... he was 4. I told him I might write to the artist about extended harnessing, and DH just rolled his eyes.

The song its a Rodney Atkins's song called I've Been Watching You.

kijip
06-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I found a belt shortening clip (heavy duty locking clip for a certain kind of older seatbelt) in my jewelry box last month....:loveeyes:
:hysterical: Mine is in the drawer with the meat thermometers and spatulas along with a mega load of locking clips. :)