PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag for Men

banzai75x
06-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Anyone have recommendations on some good bags for a man?

vludmilla
06-16-2008, 08:40 PM
No, my husband actually just uses our main diaper bag. However, anything that is messenger style in "guy" colors would probably work.

MoveOverRover
06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
My DH doesn't mind using the Skip Hop Dash. I think any solid color (other than pink) would work for a man. Doesn't look much like a diaper bag (other than the Skip Hop tag to give it away).

DH also uses the old Land's End Little Tripper we have (in red).

I would think most DH's would be OK with backpacks too.

I don't really like bags designed for men, like the Diaper Dude bags.

Snowbaby59
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
My husband loves our Baby Sherpa. We both use it but he does take a bit more ownership with it. (www.babysherpa.com )

Lynn

pantrygirl
06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
We have the Eddie Bauer bag that essentially looks unisex. He seems to like it. :)

ellies mom
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
My husband just got a Dad Gear bag. He didn't mind the Skip Hop Duo but neither of us like to actually carry it and for some reason he objects to carrying my pink stripe Fleurville sling tote. He got it through Costco for $57 with free shipping. It has straps to hang off the stroller and is actually a really well thought out bag.

http://www.dadgear.com/gear_main.cfm?ID=3#

lanomatic
07-01-2008, 05:54 PM
This website has gorgeous Storksak man-bags on sale for half off. Brown or black.

http://www.shoppematernity.com/product.asp?lt=d&deptid=5935&pfid=MSH00055

http://www.shoppematernity.com/product.asp?lt=d&deptid=5935&pfid=MSH00364

Papa Joe
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I use the Eddie Bauer backpack, however it seems that the real EB diaper bags are being discontinued. They are of much better quality from the EB website than from department and specialty stores. I love my navy blue backpack diaper bag and I will continue to use it once I do not need a diaper bag anymore. After 2 1/2 years of daily use it still looks brand new. I probably wouldn't have spent the money on it If it had not been given to me as a gift (one my wife readily covets even though she got an expensive Fleurville waste of money), however I would have used a regular quality backpack (such a small Gregory, Northface, Mountain Smith) with multiple compartments, and I would have a regular backpack and I would have gotten something liek the Eddie Bauer diaper changing pad set and tossed it in there and custom-made my own bag. In fact, I think if I got one that accepts the hydration systems bladders, I could have used that compartment specifically for the diaper pad set. Then I could have gotten a wipes case, binky case, and a few other necessities and I would have the best, most functional diaper bag out there with plenty of room for toys and spare clothes. Besides, hands free is the way to go with a comfortable backpack. The only downsides are that you have to take it off to get something out of it and it can be a little hot on your back in the summer time. And besides, most name-brand backpacks will cost about the same as an equivalent diaper bag and they will probably be of much better quality and construction, and they will probably have more comfortable straps. Lastly, a regular backpack can be of any size wanted or needed. For a backpack diaper bag check out LandsEnd, LL Bean, or Eddie Bauer. If you want to use a regular backpack checkout something like a North Face, Gregory, or Mountain Hardware bag and visit either Campmor or Sierra Trading Post for some good deals.

As a side note, with twins on the way my wife and I have purchased a LandsEnd messenger bag and I really like it. I have a larger backpack to use if needed.

amldaley
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
My dh, a United States Marine, just picked out the Columbia Vertical Glide in olive green bag (BRU).

He also really liked the SkipHop Duo, but they have been sold out everywhere we looked except Nordstroms site (and Nordstrom is no deal).

The Columbia bag is smaller and less expensive than the SkipHop Duo.

amldaley
07-10-2008, 07:25 PM
OOPS! Duplicate post - sorry all!

cellenly
07-11-2008, 09:45 AM
we were gifted the diaper dude diaper bag. DH looks the coolest in it. But we've ended up using either the Lands end triple compartment backpack or our very floral lexie barnes superstar. In the end, DH preferred functionality over styling. (he likes being hands free w/ the backpack & how it's neutral. he complained that he had to unzip different compartments to find stuff so we moved to the superstar & he liked how it was all visible.) but i do admit that i feel the coolest carrying the diaper dude. and i actually find it more comfie than other messenger bags b/c it seems to stick to my body more.
the thing that really killed the diaperdude for us was that it was a black interior & though it fit everything for 1 baby, it required more digging than us loosely packing our other bags.
w/ 2 in diapers now, the diaperdude doesn't even get brought out at all. not big enough for us now.