PDA

View Full Version : iso toddler car seat cover

doodler
06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Has anyone bought a toddler car seat cover from a seller they were pleased with and wish to recommend? My daughter is having rashes on her arms and legs from the car seat material now that the hot weather has her skin sitting directly on the rough material on her car seat. We have a britax regent. I have seen several sellers including ebay etc. who make tham custom. I have really appreciated others wisdom in the past. I need to order ASAP. TIA
Deborah

doodler
06-16-2008, 09:42 PM
also posted on bargain page. I need a car seat cover for my regent as my daughter is breaking out in a rash from the current material now that the weather is warm and her skin is in contact with the material. Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonable cover that is all cotton? I need to order ASAP so any advice would be appreciated. TIA
Deborah

Joolsplus2
06-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Have you tried washing it? Usually putting it in the 'hand wash' cycle with gentle detergent then air drying it gets rid of some of the offending chemicals. They used to make one cover for the Husky that was denim, but they don't anymore... It might be a good idea to call Britax and voice your concerns (*most* of us are more than a little upset that they don't have a cotton cover, honestly :( )
Which cover do you have? And, I've heard new covers will be out in July (but still, call them, they may be able to send you a different one sooner than that if you think it'll help).

I'm sorry you're dd's not comfy in her seat :(

mom2binsd
06-16-2008, 10:02 PM
You are advised by techs not to purchase a seat cover made by anyone but the carseat manufacturer...use of a custom cover voids the warranty and can impact the how the seat, it's harnesses etc function.....what cover do you have??? The Madison cover is pretty soft...I believe Britax sells them on their website. Those folks who are selling those covers on ebay should be required to make a disclaimer about this fact but they aren't required to....maybe you can get lucky and find a Britax cover on ebay????

doodler
06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks, I'll check on that. The cover I have is sahara and it is a new seat, not a hand-me-down. The middle area of the seat has a little texture on it which appears to be the culprit or my other thought is a reaction to the chemical treatment on the cover. Every place that this material has come in contact with my daughter's skin is broken out, the backs of her arms, back of her legs, and even her neck where the padding on the straps touches her.

doodler
06-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks I'll try calling Britax. That didn't occur to me until you said that. The cover we have is Sahara. The texture in the middle area of the seat is where she is having a lot of issues. She is broken out on the back of her legs, arms and even her neck where the padding from the straps touches her skin. Poor thing.

o_mom
06-17-2008, 07:36 AM
I think that if you call Britax they should be able to get you a different cover. I would hope that they would do it for free, to be honest. Breaking out in a rash from the seat would seem to be a safety problem...

doodler
06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Wanted to let you all know I contacted Britax and the material we are having trouble with is treated with a flame retardant. That seems to be the problem. They are sending me a new cover that is all microfiber and not treated. Hopefully that solves the rashes for DD.

o_mom
06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Wanted to let you all know I contacted Britax and the material we are having trouble with is treated with a flame retardant. That seems to be the problem. They are sending me a new cover that is all microfiber and not treated. Hopefully that solves the rashes for DD.

Oooo... did they say what pattern it was?

Us Britax junkies are always on the lookout for new patterns. If it's something new and different, be sure to post a picture. :love-retry:

doodler
06-18-2008, 03:18 PM
It isn't anything new or exciting. It turns out the microfiber covers, which are huntington and madison, don't have to be treated with chemicals. The sahara that we have has a center area that isn't microfiber so it must be treated per regulations. If I had known this when I bought it I certainly would have choosen a different cover. Live and learn. At least they are sending me a new cover without cost. I am hoping it arrives by Friday so we can get this taken care of.