PDA

View Full Version : True Fit Installation Question

katydid1971
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I just bought the True Fit Monet for DD to use in DH's car and I'm really impressed with it. I have one concern though, I was looking at the installation instructions and in big red print on the rear install pages it says "NEVER use a Top Tether connector in a rear facing installaion!!" This is strange to me because I did with DS's Boulevard. Do any of the Guru Techs out there know why this is and if I can ignore it and use it or if I should do what it says and not use the Top Tether. I'm connection a link to the instruction manual so you can see for yourselves. Thanks so much for your advice and help with this!!!!!!
Sarah

PS I tried to link right to the manual but for some reason my computer wouldn't let me copy that address but there is a link to the manual on the top right of this page under product documents.

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y11012BR

lorinick
06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Not many seats teether rear facing. I don't think the True fit does. I've been looking at that seat too. I'm sure others will chime in. Post more on seat I was interested in getting it for dh car. Interested in your feed back. We also have the Britax Blvd. I have Triump for moms car it also doesn't teether rear facing. I would not teether rear facing if it says not to.

pastrygirl
06-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Yep, you need to follow the manual on this one. Right now, only Britax convertibles and SK Radian can be tethered RF. I'm not a guru tech yet, so I hope someone else can explain why it is. :)