PDA

View Full Version : Ok to put a backless booster center?

daisy1234
06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I was thinking about getting a backless booster pad...cheap one for DS friends...6-7 y.os for the center of my suburu....would that be safe? or should I just use my parkway center and then use my new Monterey outboard. I have my yougest in the Mathathon. Thanks! I will only transport another kid on rare occasions in this car..

lorinick
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Does the center seat have a shoulder belt? If not no. I have a seven year old all most 8 next month. He's super tall. I don't think the belt seats right when he just uses the bottom part of his turbo booster. I will not let him use it without the top portion attached. My opion is use the one that makes the belt sit right on there chest. Not the backless booster.

Joolsplus2
06-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Like Lori said...IF it fits the child properly (and yeah, if you have a shoulderbelt and a head restraint), it's fine.

But I'll tell you... as a mom with three kids... all three in seats...with a small back seat (Ford Escape)... It ain't gonna be easy ;).

Ideally the backless booster should go in the middle for optimal safety, but you may find it easier to slide the MA or PW to the center on days when you have another kid in tow, because 1) finding a booster narrow enough to fit in that spot is a challenge and 2)actually buckling it is even harder.

I've resorted to putting a Canadian Clek Oto booster in the middle of my car because it's the easiest to buckle... What I need to try is the Cosco High Rise because it's both legal in the US and is low on the sides and sometimes pretty easy to buckle...but I haven't tried it yet to report back :( (but it's a good choice, anyway, usually under $14 and fits a wide variety of kids and is comfy and fairly easy to buckle in general.... Turbo runs more and is harder to buckle in general. Clek Olli is legal in the US and is also a great choice, but you might not want to spend $89 sight unseen to see if it 'might' work...

Good luck!!!