PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for todder soccer cleats?

MMMommy
06-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Any suggestions on where to buy reasonably priced soccer cleats? I'm thinking size 7 and size 10/11 for toddlers. Thanks if anyone has any recommendations!

Melbel
06-17-2008, 08:52 PM
We have purchased soccer cleats at sporting goods stores (Dicks and Sports Authority). DD1 particularly liked the Nike cleats with the pink swoosh. I would definitely bring your girls to try on the cleats (for us, the sizes were a little off).

KrisM
06-17-2008, 10:07 PM
We got ours at Play It Again Sports - they're used, but in great shape and were only $5.95, I think :).

jenmcadams
06-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Target has some cleats that would be fine for young kids, but they definitely don't have them as small as a size 7. One thing to consider is whether your kids even need cleats -- most leagues around here just ask that the kids are in tennis/athletic shoes and shin guards.

I have an almost 6 year old DD who is obsessed with soccer and has played several seasons, but we didn't get her cleats until this year (U6 league). This year is the first year they ran hard enough and had the skills to need them. It definitely depends on your field too. Her first few seasons were on an artificial turf field and this year she's on real grass where the cleats are super helpful. We got hers at a local soccer store -- they had a deal where you got a pair of good quality shin guards (the kind that goes over the foot and protects the ankle too, not just around the shin), cleats and a ball. The grouping had to be the same brand (addidas, nike, puma) and was around $30. For us, it was worth it b/c she played all Spring, has done a one-week summer camp and should be able to wear them again in the Fall for her next season.

kk
06-22-2008, 08:56 AM
if you'd prefer to buy online, try zappos.com