PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach

denmom2
06-18-2008, 10:45 AM
We are going to Myrtle Beach at the end of Aug. I haven't been there in years, and I have never gone with kids. I have a 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 yr old. Anything that we should definitly try and do or see?? Also, any suggestions for kid friendly restaurants would be great. Thanks

alexsmommy
06-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Just came on to post essentially the same question - but we're going the week of the 4th. In addition to to the OP's question, I would like to add any "must eat there" restaurants? Great seafood places? TIA

QTMichele
06-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Where are you staying? I haven't been there since I was 15 years old, but am going in August. We're staying at the Bay View Resort (it's near the new Hard Rock theme park). I'd also love to know about great places to eat and visit.

alexsmommy
07-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, we're back (and had a fabulous time btw) so I'll answer in my very limited capacity. The Broadway on the Beach mall has a small, but just right for that age group play area with a car ride, plane ride, merry-go-round etc. You can also walk over the bridges in the mall and feed the fish. It was wild, there are those fish food dispensers and they are so used to being fed they were fighting each other for food that hadn't even been thrown yet. Both times were were there it was around 5pm and it wasn't crazy busy at all -surprising considering it was the week of the 4th. At 6 we could still walk into a restaurant and be seated right away so it worked well with four kids under four in tow. By 6:30 as people anticipated the cooling of dusk it became a madhouse with long lines and long dinner waits. My SIL went during the heat of the day (and she HATES) heat with another crew and said it was actually shaded enough to be fine.
Have fun!