PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bags for twins in cloth?

caheinz
06-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Obviously, we'll need something big -- but I'd like to be able to have something I could manage when running out with the twins.

For DS, we used Lands' End bags that we still have -- a backpack and the Little Tripper. Seems like it would be nice to have something with a little more room, though...

Any suggestions?

Editing to add that a search turned up posts that are at least two years old -- so the available bags has obviously changed!

Also: I plan to nurse, so the bag will primarily be for diapers and my keys/wallet.

MoveOverRover
06-18-2008, 12:26 PM
A friend I know with twins uses the Lexie Barnes Superstar. It is expensive (over $100) but I think they are on eBay now and then for half the price. Lots of room and well organized. She used to own a Posh Baby Ultimate which is HUGE. Just giant. The biggest diaper bag I've ever seen. It holds everything, and has backpack straps too (a good thing, otherwise I think you might topple over, LOL!).

caheinz
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
How would that compare in size to say, a Fleurville Mothership? Or maybe a JuJuBe BePrepared?

I never really got into diaper bags with DS, obviously! Would like to get at least one nice big one this time! Though, I don't want to need to put wheels on it to take it with me, either.....

MoveOverRover
06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Here are some dimensions:

Lexie Barnes Superstar: 12.5"h x 17"w x 6"d

Fleurville Mothership: H12" x W 14.5" x D 5" 3 pounds

Be Prepared: 14” x 18½” x 6½”

Posh Baby Ultimate: 14"Hx12"Lx6"D 3.5 pounds

I've seen the Be Prepared in real life and it looks carry-on sized. It really might be too big unless you will be using it as travel carry-on or as an overnight bag. I would say it would not be practical for use on a day to day basis. I think it actually is the biggest bag on the market and it is also heavy. Lexie Barnes is the lightest weight, but it is sturdy. The Mothership isn't super light either.

Another idea would be the Skip Hop Duo Double. SH's are lightweight and Duo Double might work for you.

How would that compare in size to say, a Fleurville Mothership? Or maybe a JuJuBe BePrepared?

I never really got into diaper bags with DS, obviously! Would like to get at least one nice big one this time! Though, I don't want to need to put wheels on it to take it with me, either.....

mamaoftwins
06-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Our Eddie Bauer Messenger has been great!! It's now on sale at the EB website for $29.99 (it looks like they are discontinuing it).

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Bags--Gear/Car-Seats/index.cat?viewAll=y#ppl=%7Btype%3A%22hide%22%7D

It holds a ton of stuff. EB bags from BRUs are not as good. We have used this bag from day 1, and it still looks like new. I just bought a Spark by Skip Hop (nearly the same size and very similar to the Duo) for quick trips, but the EB messenger will remain our primary bag.

Good luck!! :)

Papa Joe
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
We have a couple of diaper bags that we use and love. We have the large Lands End bag and we have an Eddie Bauer backpack which I really love and will continue to use as a backpack after the diaper days. For the twins we really wil need the large Lands End bag to hold changes of clothes, etc.

One thing you might want to consider is a regular backpack and maybe buying a stand alone pad set for it. In fact, if you buy a backpack with the space to put a hydration system in it, the changing pad might fit perfectly in it. You would be able to buy a backpack based on your needs. its size, etc, and it would have much better straps and suspension than most baby diaper bag backpacks, etc. It would not look like a diaper bag and it would be useful after the diaper bag isn't needed anymore. And the changing pad can be tossed into any bag, etc.. Hands free is a good way to go. Checkout Campmor.com

littlecindy
06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Another idea would be the Skip Hop Duo Double. SH's are lightweight and Duo Double might work for you.

i have the SHDD (for one baby in cloth) and LOVE it.

FYI, they revamped all their bags recently and the old skip hops have been spotted onsale online and at TJ Maxx's.

gatorsmom
06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I wanted to add- and I don't mean to offend anyone here who loves this bag- but I found the Posh Baby Ultimate diaper bag to be cheaply made and flimsy. It is just a piece of junk. I spent about $100 (it was onsale!) for this bag because I wanted something big and a backpack. I had previously owned the PPB boxy backpack and loved it. I just wanted something which could be wiped off. I nearly cried when this arrived in the mail. The front clasp wouldn't stay closed, the side bottle pockets were too small for all but the smallest bottles, and there was nothing to prevent the contents from falling out of the bag when you bend over or even just to the side!

I'm dead serious when I say I still have this diaper bag and would be happy to give it to someone. Just pm me. I"ll stick it in the mail tomorrow. good riddance

If you want a great quality, cloth diaper bag backpack, either the PPB or the Jujubes can't be beaten. hth

new_mommy25
06-27-2008, 12:37 AM
How about the DaisyGear bags? They have backpack and messengers. I bought a Dad Gear backpack for a trip and it holds an amazing amount of stuff and comes with clips so you can hang it off your stroller. I think it would work great with twins. They have a slot just for wipes which I LOVE! Even my DH, who has never paid attention to anything I have bought, told me it was a good bag. :)

http://www.daisygear.com/

Snowbaby59
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Have you ever looked at the Baby Sherpa Backpacks. Dan Spitz (former Anthrax guitarist) just posted on his blog (spitz watch) about their Sherpa bags that him and his wife love for their twin 1 year old sons. Their twins were just in a movie and the Sherpa bag was invaluable on the set. Dan explains how they packed their bag and all they could fit into it.

HTH,

Lynn

Papa Joe
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Check out the LandEnd bags.

mom22
08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I have twins and I love my Skip Hop City Chic bag. It has plenty of room for all that I need and great pockets for keeping the inside organized. I also like that it does not scream "DIAPER BAG!". My husband carries a Dad Gear backpack for when he is with the girls.