PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Munire

ah22
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
FYI - I was told that I would receive my Munire Savannah furniture within 6 to 8 weeks and now am being told that it is going to be at least an additional 4 to 5 weeks! I have been in contact with a sales rep who admits that they are having issues with shipping.

Beware if you are planning on purchasing furniture from Munire!

luv2bmommy
06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh my, however, I should not be surprised, considering the reviews I read about Munire, and the recalls. Are they having a new productions, and better sales? I am really curious to know how come you decided to go with Munire, since that was the one and only I had considered!!! Please let us know how it goes.

Christyscmh
06-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Refer to latest posting regarding Munire Update...

crazylegs
06-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I went out today looking at furniture and an owner of a baby furniture store quoted 12 weeks on all Munire furniture. I asked if it was really 12 weeks or was it longer and he again quoted me 12 weeks.

I am seriously considering 2 of their collections but I am afraid to pull the trigger because of all the recent negative comments.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

Christyscmh
06-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately the quality of their product, which is fabulous, is not outweighing their lead times right now. I had posted a huge blog here on the details of why their lead times are so lengthy right now - but it has disappeared somehow. If you're interested in the details, let me know. Have the retailer you're working with at least call Munire and see if you're furniture is actually in stock with the company. If that's the case, there shouldn't be a 12-week wait; however if the manufacturer is awaiting its arrival overseas into the company, then yes, you may want to have a bassinet or a pack n' play in line for the first month if you decide to go with them. If you can wait it out, you'll love their stuff, it's really great. I even have a few of their pieces, ie: armoires, etc. as regular furniture in my home :)

steven888
06-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I had a very fortunate experience for buying our crib from Munire. WARNING!! LONG WINDED!! My apoligies in advance, but some may want to know everything.

My wife and I were originally going to take my sister's crib and dresser, but after learning that going that route is not necessarily the safest option, decided to look into new cribs. It also was a benefit that my MIL wanted to buy the furniture for us, so cost was not really an issue. After reading everyone's horror stories of leadtimes and backorders, we were mentally prepairing ourselves for our shopping experiences. I searched all over the web and decided to go with the Munire Newport in cherry, because
1. It was a Convertible crib.
2. It received some very good reviews on safety and quality.
3. It matched other furniture that is currently in the nursery.
4. The look is, IMO, very sophisticated and has clean lines.

Anyway, getting back on track, I contacted a few of the companies online to find out their leadtimes and received many mixed responses, anywhere from 6 weeks all the way to 3 months. Knowing that leadtimes do not factor into backorder times, I was worried, but because my wife was not due until late September, knew that I had some time. Before buying the crib online, we wanted to go to some local stores to get a better look at the crib, a sort of "tire kicking" without purchasing. After going to several stores, we went to Cribs & Teens City and found the set that we wanted. It was here that I was shocked to find out their leadtime.
I asked the sales person, how long to order, and he told me that I could have it next Monday. WHAT?!? Monday? That's only 3 days away! Apparently, they had many in stock, so we were able to get the furniture without delay. He told me that I can have it later if I wanted. Knowing that our baby was due on 9/25, he recommended that I can order our crib and have it delivered by August (still only 2 months away). I was so shocked, I did not know what to do. I read in Baby Bargains, that if a store has it in stock, get it, even if they only have one or two pieces.
Dazed and confused, I decided to order the crib and dresser for delivery for the end of July. I had 7 days to cancel for a full refund. In the meantime, I could go back online and price shop. I was not sure whether I could fine a better price elsewhere. After spending another day or two price shopping online, I found one or two places that sold the crib cheaper by $50-$100 or so, but the leadtime was still 3 months away. I couldn't take the chance of it being delayed any longer, especially for only $50, so back to Cribs & Teens City I went. When I went back, I decided to change my order and pick it up immediately. And literally 3 days later, I had the crib, dresser, mattress, and changing mat set up in our nursery. I did NOT expect to have the furniture this early. Now, I need to get the rest of the nursery together.

Finally, as delivery options, we could have paid $100 to have them deliver and set up in the house, but they will not take the cardboard packaging away. As an alternative, we could pay $25 and just have it delivered to the store, which is what I chose to do. I do not mind moving furniture and have a company truck for transport, so none of that was an issue. Setting up the crib was a breeze, taking probably a half hour from start to finish. I think the hardest part of the whole process, was cutting up and disposing the cardboard and foam. Oh yeah, paying wasn't too fun either. :) (Thanks Mom!)

On a side note, Cribs & Teens City was not the cheapest option. But they did include the mattress and changing pad. They also did say that if we wanted to buy a cover for the changing pad, that we needed to buy from their store because it is the only ones that fit the pad. I actually haven't checked to see if this is true, but I think I can by them elsewhere without a problem, just a sales tactic IMO.

I am very happy with the furniture. It does look really nice in the nursery. And the crib is put together very well. It feels really strong and sturdy. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer. Hope all this helped out.

Christyscmh
06-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah you really lucked out - the huge "backorders" didn't begin until February of this year.

theCAS
06-23-2008, 05:07 PM
After reading all the information on issues with orders and recalls, I was nervous to order our crib, but I absolutely fell in love with the style, design, and quality and we went with the Majestic in Classis Chestnut. We ordered it from a store here and it was delivered last Wednesday within the quoted time of 8 weeks.

Christyscmh
06-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Refer to latest post for current update.

Christyscmh
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Good news everyone! I am happy to announce that things with Munire are slowly but surely getting back on track. :applause: Just about everyone of their previous collections is now currently back in stock with the popular manufacturer. There are one or two collections that the company is quickly catching up on for previous orders, but all new orders placed with the company can expect reasonable lead times from here on out. If Munire is the company you've been interested for your new baby's lifetime furniture, then you can proceed full force with no worries. :cheerleader1: Hope this helps!