PDA

View Full Version : Is the Nautilus crotch strap farther out than the Marathon?

JamiMac
06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
My DD is 3.5 years and still fits with lots room to grow in her Marathon but it is a battle to get the crotch strap where she's not sitting on it before putting it on. I know it's a minor thing, but it's a daily thing! I could pass her seat soon onto my almost 7 month old in a few months. Or I could just keep her in the Marathon if nothing is much better and buy Max a new seat.
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
A little, but short crotch area is one of the main problems people have with the Nautilus. So it might not be *much* better. The Frontier is *considerably* deeper (like you can actually imagine an 80 pound kid's butt fitting in there, lol).

Couldn't hurt to try, though, they have Nautis at BRU :). I'll see if I can find a picture and post back :)

veronica
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
*I* find the nautilus much better to put my 2.5 year old DD who is 30 pounds and 36 inches. She is in a marathon in my car and I hate putting her in but when we ride in DH's car, the straps on the nautilus are so much easier for us.

Joolsplus2
06-19-2008, 09:43 AM
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=32792

The Marathon is about 6 inches, right? FWIW, my dd was never uncomfortable with it and she used that seat almost exclusively from age 3-6.

o_mom
06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
The Nautilus belly pad is *much* better at keeping the crotch strap out from under their bum (compared to the MA). Once you see it IRL, you will understand. If the issue is just getting to the crotch strap, then the Nautilus would solve that. If the issue is that she is complaining it is too tight, then I would look toward the Frontier.

JamiMac
06-19-2008, 10:54 AM
No, she's not complaining about it being tight, it's just an issue of fishing it out from underneath her. I'm going to go take another look at the Nautilus then.
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
06-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Ah, gotcha (DD was buckling herself as soon as I turned her FF at 4.5, so I don't so much remember the digging around, lol).