PDA

View Full Version : beachcamera.com for baby gear- great experience!

mamma2astar
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Just wanted to share my experience with this website...
I was having a helluva time trying to find the bassinet attachment for the Inglesina Zippy stroller that I had already received at my baby shower.

BRU (where I had registered) only sells it online and it has said 'temporarily unavailable' for months now.

Albee baby, Schneiders, and PlanetBaby (or planetkids, something like that) here in NYC all did not have it physically in stock and said they would check to see how long it would take to get it for me, but never got back to me.:32:

I ordered it from healthchecksystems.com who claims that 99% of items on their website are in stock and ready to ship. They called me after I placed my online order to tell me that they did not physically have the item and that it would be shipped directly from inglesina when available which would take at least 4wks! then offered to cancel my order if I was not willing to wait. Hey, at least they realized that was a problem and at least they called!

I went on Amazon and though Amazon itself did not carry the bassinet, beachcamera.com came up as a merchant for it and their listing said they had one in stock. So I called Beach Camera directly to see if they did indeed physically have one and sure enough after explaining to the CSR my ordeal the very nice CSR said 'let me call the warehouse and check for you right now.' When he came back from a brief hold he said 'we do have it and we only have 2 left in your color, so I would advise you place the order now with me on the phone since our website will take a few hours to download the order' which I gladly did! :yay:

Not 30 min later I get a call rom a different CSR (actually 2 calls from 2 different CSRs) from Beach Camera calling to make sure I knew that my order for the bassinet was for the bassinet only and did not include a stroller. I assured them that I knew and that I had the stroller already.

I just thought that it was very good CS that they picked up on a potential problem and took the time to call me to iron out a potential problem before it happened!:cheerleader1: