PDA

View Full Version : Update *never mind*Sorry to post this here but need b-day favor help asap (food)

SnuggleBuggles
06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
I think the minis are too heavy b/c sprinkles are working fine! Thank you!! Next time I'll buy the candy making chocolate wafers rather than Hershey's.

I got great advice here a few weeks ago and decided to go w/ gc to an ice cream store for favors. For fun I wanted to put the gcs in cake cones. On Food TV's "Semi Homemade..." she dipped the cones 1st in white chocolate then rolled them in candies. Well, maybe mini m&ms are too heavy but they rolled right off immediately! Should I try sprinkles instead? I'd love to do the mini m&ms so if anyone has advice for getting them to stay put I would appreciate it.

My test cone is on the counter, on waxed paper, cooling/ drying. I'm not optimistic about the final product.

Beth

mamicka
06-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I've never done the this kind of thing, but I've made buckeyes which you dip into chocolate, so kind-of similar. Did you melt any parafin into the chocolate? If not, that might give the chocolate more strength to hold the mini m&m's.

I love this idea - I hope you get it to work!

updacountry
06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Parafin??? Isn't that wax or am I clueless. Can you eat parafin?