PDA

View Full Version : Help please:How to hang seat off stroller handles?

elektra
06-19-2008, 04:02 PM
So I have read in several places here that you can sort of hang a carseat off of stroller handles to get in through the airport. So I tried to hang my Marathon off of my P3 handles and the whole thing just tipped over! Are you supposed to hang it with the tether strap? Can someone post a picture of how that can be done?
As a last resort I can just put the car seat in the stroller seat, as we will be carrying DD through the airport in a Kelty backpack, but I was kind of hoping to use the stroller seat for the baby and not just the car seat if possible.

Joolsplus2
06-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I think most of us are thinking about hanging a 7 pound Scenera off the handles... The Marathon rides best just plopped in the seat :). It might be possible to hang it (with the top Versa tether as the handle as if it's a huge diaper bag) over the handles while she's sitting in it to counterbalance the weight, though.

elektra
06-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I thought it might have been a Scenera thing. Duh.
I was trying to be a bit more "high speed" and not buy even more extra gear like a Scenera or a GoGoKidz. I think we can probably make it work with the stroller and the MA though. I just hope no one is watching when I accidentally tip my baby over in the stroller while trying to hang a huge carseat off the back, all in the name of safety. ;)

niccig
06-20-2008, 01:30 AM
We used a bungee cored through one of the beltpaths and then around the stroller handes. It was a Safety First Uptown, about the same weight as a scenera, and an Inglesina trip. Works ok, but either DS has to be in the stroller or you have to hold onto the stroller to prevent tipping. After several trips and at least one tipped over stroller each time, I finally put the car seat in the stroller, put the bungee cord through the FF belt path and attached cord to side of stroller. Worked perfectly, and I wish I had tried this about 6 months ago!

ellies mom
06-20-2008, 01:55 AM
I sit the carseat on the armrests of the stroller and the fasten it to the stroller with a small bungee cord. Then I put my child in the car seat and she rides through the airport like she is sitting on a throne.

AngelaS
06-20-2008, 06:57 AM
We use the tether to hang our Marathon over the handle of our wheeled carryon. Works great! :D

mrshalco
06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I sit the carseat on the armrests of the stroller and the fasten it to the stroller with a small bungee cord. Then I put my child in the car seat and she rides through the airport like she is sitting on a throne.

We did the same thing. DS loved feeling like he was so high up and we got stopped the whole trip through the airport telling us how smart we were to do that ;) :LOL

801kelle
06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
I don't know what kind of stroller you have but the one I use when at the airport has a tray on the front. I sit the carseat on the stroller seat and put the front of the base of the carseat resting on the stroller tray. Then I put bags in stroller basket and away we go!!! Oh and I put my DD in carseat and all I have to worry about is pushing the stroller. I travel alone alot with just my DD