PDA

View Full Version : Update on donations for Backus Family

mommyoftwo
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
I ended up being without access to my main computer for quite a while so I was not able to see the spreadsheet to see exactly how much money to send. I now have my computer back up and running and the check went out today. So for those of you who were wondering why Jen hadn't mentioned anything in her updates, that is why. Jen asked me to pass on their thanks again and let you know that she will update us when they receive the check. For those of you who missed it, here is the email from Jen stating what they are planning on doing with the money.

Wow, I don't know what to say. Thanks seems so simple and just doesn't cover the overwhelming support. I am so humbled and honored that so many people want to help and care about us. I am so proud that so many people have been touched by Samuel. Thank you and everyone! What a blessing.

Mark and I have been paying off stuff like crazy and decided to start a "trailer fund" so that we could buy a travel trailer and just leave whenever we want to as a family. We have wanted to do this for years but it has always been a dream. Now we so desperately need to get out of this house and even more need to spend more time together as a family to rebuild. It is so hard to figure out where everyone fits right now. So I think this money will top off the trailer fund and we should be able to get something and LEAVE. Oh, that is such a blessing! It will be something we plan to use all the time and we will certainly feel and KNOW all the love that went into making it happen. Do you understand how awesome you all are to have done such a thing?

I still don't know what to say. But I do know that I have enough tears to spread out all over the state to all the places we might visit when we hit the road to healing. That is really what it feels like it will be. A road to healing as we all set out together.

Thank you so much. My heart is full and the tears just keep coming. Happy tears for a way out of here and hopefully to make some new memories that heal as we endure this suffering.

Much much love to all. Please please give everyone our love. May the Lord bless you, each and every one for your generosity.

missym
06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
They bought the trailer! Jen just posted a long update:
http://www.samuelbackus.com/BackusBlog.html

KBecks
06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks so much for sharing this news. It's a wonderful update and I'm so happy to read it.

Melanie
06-29-2008, 01:36 AM
What a wonderful update. Let's all be thinking of Samuel and his family on Sunday.