PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat suggestions for 2005 Acura TL??

Eve
06-20-2008, 07:06 PM
I have a 2005 Acura TL. Does anyone that has the same car have some good infant or convertable car seat suggestions? and do you know if the car seat will fit in the rear center?

bubbaray
06-20-2008, 07:18 PM
You'll be installing via lap/shoulder belt in the center, not LATCH. Honda d/n allow you to share LATCH anchors for a center install.

Most seats will install well there via belts. If the driver has the seat all the way back, a Radian might be tight, but probably still fine. If you can't find info, I'm pretty sure the install will be about the same as the Honda Accord.

When I had a 2001 Acura sedan, my MAs installed well into it, center or outboard, RFg and FFg.

HTH

bonellen
06-20-2008, 09:16 PM
We also have a TL (2006) and have decided to purchase a Diplomat for our 8 month old to move into out of her infant seat. We know it has a smaller upper limit, but figure by the time she exceeds it (estimating age 4?) she can move into big brother's Frontier as he'll be ~8.

For the next few years, we are hoping that having the smaller form factor of the Diplomat in the smallish back seat of the TL will help make it easier to put in her & out, while making more room for front passengers too.

Hope this opinion helps.

Bonnie