PDA

View Full Version : Storchenwiege Baby Sling/Wrap?

Eve
06-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Has anyone tried the Storchenwiege Baby Sling/Wrap? I am torn between that and the Moby wrap. I read on Theslingstation.com that the Storchenwiege can carry on back as well as hip and front while Moby only is on the front and hip. help!

npace19147
06-20-2008, 11:15 PM
They are both wraps, but totally different. The Storch is a woven wrap, while the Moby is a stretchy wrap made of t-shirt like material. The Storch is much more supportive and can be used in a lot more positions and for a lot longer; the Moby is snugglier with a newborn and more forgiving for a new babywearer, but can't be used for as long - only until about 15-20lbs due to the stretch.

If you check out www.thebabywearer.com you'll find tons of info on both. GL!

LBW
06-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I agree with everything Nancy said. Definitely check out TBW. You'll learn more than you ever thought you needed to know about baby carriers.

If you are looking at Storchenweiges, there are other woven-wrap makers you can check out, too. Didymos, Vatanai, Hoppediz are the three that I can think of right now. The wraps come in different lengths that can be used for many different types of carries. A good starter length is about 4.5 meters. A couple of good online stores are www.birdiesroom.com and www.pieceofcloth.com. The owners of both sites are really great at answering questions.

I think wraps are terrifically versatile and comfortable carriers.