PDA

View Full Version : New! Review cribs and nursery furniture on our site now!

DebbieJ
08-03-2005, 01:33 PM
I just reviewed our Pali crib.

I would love to review our Rumble Tuff dresser, but you don't have them listed!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

fox3long
08-04-2005, 03:00 AM
What do we do if we want to review a crib or stroller that is not listed? For example, I have the Graco Mosaic Travel system but don't see a place to rate it.

Thanks for this website! The website and the book have helped me so much in deciding what to get for my precious little child!

alandenisefields
08-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Yep, we have to add Rumble Tuff.

If you own a brand/model we don't have up there, just email us. It takes us just a few seconds to add it to the site!

Alan & Denise

Khrys
08-10-2005, 12:30 AM
I tried twice to review the Forever Mine cribs, but although the review appeared to "take" properly, it is not showing up on the website?

Not sure what's going wrong. Wonder if others are experiencing the same problem?

HTH,

~Khrys.

entttc
08-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Love it. Could you add e.g. furniture?
Will you be adding other categories?

shopmama
08-11-2005, 07:20 PM
I have the sleigh crib from PBK, does anyone know what brand/style that is (I think it's Simmons, but I'm not sure...?)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28789.jpg

shopmama
08-11-2005, 07:20 PM
No message

NewChicagoMom7
08-20-2005, 01:26 AM
That's really helpful -

One other suggestion - add a place for parents to review stores (especially local stores) to help people buy from reputable places.

I am from Chicago, and had a horrific experience with MY CHILD'S ROOM - I cancelled an order on my crib/rocking chair when it wasn't delivered 6 months after I ordered it - and I would REALLY love to a) warn other parents and b) I would have liked a place to review stores before I ordered from them!!!

Just my two cents - otherwise - we loved your book, used it obsessively in "outfitting" our baby/room/gear!

Karen, mother of 6 week old Katie

fox3long
09-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Ditto on the store review section! I would have liked seeing more inputs on certain dealers for crib purchases (i.e. jdee.net in NJ is very quick to respond whereas babyandteen.com in NY is as slow as molasses). Perhaps you could include internet stores as well, if you do decide to add a store review section.

curious-cat
09-12-2005, 10:06 AM
entttc-

Dutailier bought E.G. Furniture. Their website just recently changed - like w/in the last week or two. The Field's have them listed under the new brand name "Petite Cheries * Dutailier" and I would absolutely love it if you took the time to do a review for them as our #1 choice for a crib right now is one that they manufacture.

Thanks!

Donna

TwinsItIs
09-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I echo the request for having reviews on stores, and online stores is the most important. I know that it's hard to know which of the online places are reputable and trustable.

Thank you so much!!

MomtoOLT
09-30-2005, 03:59 AM
YES! A review of online stores, good and bad, would be great.

I wanted to use my 3 $100 Am Ex gift cards with albee baby to buy my MacLaren Twin Traveller. They wouldn't accept 3 gift cards. Even if I offered to buy more items to use up the entire balance with their site.

One gift card/credit card per purchase. Oh well, my money went into another store owner's pocket and THEN some more went in because they were helpful.

duefeb5
10-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Have you heard anything about eg furniture/dutailier cribs? I am having a terrible time finding any information...

curious-cat
10-20-2005, 01:54 AM
The only information I've been able to find about eg furniture/dutailier cribs is on their website or though the local store that test ordered a few. Basically the store said that most of their cribs cost more than comparable brands (like for instance Pali) - but just in looking at the floor models, the EG Furniture ones seemed so much more sturdy. Order time is on the longer side - we are looking at about 12 weeks. The cribs are made in Indonesia. Even though the crib is more $$ than Pali and we are not going to get it until about the time the baby is born (which is okay because we have a cradle to use at first) we are still going to order it this week. If you can find a local store that has a floor model, I would go check it out to see what you think. GL!

laura44
10-24-2005, 03:47 AM
Missing in your list is Bambino Reale ( a division of Raggazi). Have you heard anything about their cribs and furniture?
Laura

dweinstein
10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I didn't see a product review section for Dutitalier gliders. Will you have one? Wanted to let some people know that I've had an issue with the width of the wooden versions, not being wide enough for me to nurse in (with a boppy.) I basically only use the glider for rocking and can't even use it for nursing. The fully upholstered versions (more like a sofa chair) may work better for nursing with the boppys. I wish I had know this before I purchased because I now cannot exchange it.

Thanks.

rgagen
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Missing from your list is the new Target line - Restyle & Restore. They have an attractive, affordable crib - but, after falling in love with your book, there's no chance we'll buy it without your input.
As a future mom and pediatrician, thanks so much for advocating for child safety with this excellent resource for parents.

Scott Bennett
01-09-2006, 09:24 AM
If you add a section for Quinny strollers, I will review the Buzz and Zapp. They aren't officially sold in the US, but a lot of people are importing them. I saw a couple other people in the review section mention that they had them in their reviews for other products.

Thanks!

alandenisefields
01-10-2006, 03:12 AM
It is already there for Quinny:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/reviews/items/Strollers/Quinny/sbi/rank_known_as_asc/index.htm

Thanks for the interest in reviewing those strollers!

Alan & Denise

Scott Bennett
01-10-2006, 01:20 PM
D'oh! Not sure how I missed that...

SomedayMommy
04-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi Alan and Denise! Our Westwood furniture arrived a short it ago, and I am ready to give my review - all super positive. We could not be happier with the appearance, quality, and price of the group. So if you add that section, I would be happy to contribute. I believe it would go after Vermont......

Regards,
Stacie

alandenisefields
04-13-2006, 02:11 AM
Thanks Stacie; sure we can add Westwood. It will be added today! Thanks for offering to write that first review!

Alan & Denise
authors

greekkoukla418
06-13-2006, 05:48 AM
I am first time mom-to-be and I am trying to research Dutailier Crib Furniture. I have read your review on Petite Cheris in your book, but doesn't seem to helpful. EG furniture has now directed there website to go to Dutailier.com. Please help, I need some advise!!!! Is this a good brand to buy?????:o

curious-cat
06-13-2006, 06:24 AM
We bought one of their cribs. The quality is super good. Assembly went fairly well. It took FOREVER to get it though. So if you go this route and have to order one (vs. it being in stock at a retailer) get it ASAP. It took almost 4 months to get. We had a cradle to use at first - so it didn't end up being a big deal in the long run.

greekkoukla418
06-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Thank you so much. The salesperson @ the store, did tell me that it would take about 12-14 weeks to come in. Thank you again for your feedback :-)

Decmom
06-19-2006, 12:40 AM
How long have you been using the crib now? I appreciate your review and would love to know more about it. I saw the Dutailier Madison and fell in love with it. It seemed to be really sturdy, no exposed hardware and had wooden slats. Any other comments?

curious-cat
06-19-2006, 01:44 AM
We've been using the crib for about three months now (since my daughter was almost three months old and she is almost six months old now). What I like about it is the sturdiness (sturdier than comparable brands like Ragazzi and Pali) and it doesn't have exposed hardware. I can't remember the model - I think it's a Clhoe style one. We are still at the top level, so we haven't been using the drop down side yet - but in store it worked just like the rest. I also like that it has option wheels - we have hardwood floors, so we did put them on and it makes it easier to change the bedding. The wheels are lockable. We didn't buy any other furniture from the line as we already had a dresser and bookcase we weren't using. We bought a changing table from Target - Simplicity. The style and coloring matched VERY well.

sdgilliland
07-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi Guys,

If you are still adding additional crib manufacturers for review, I would like to see Nursery Smart on the list. I haven't seen many reviews for this line out there and I just purchased one of their cribs. Thanks a bunch!

Selina

meghna88
08-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Denise and Alan,
I was wondering if you are going to add a glider/ottoman section to the parent's review pages? your section in the BBB was very helpful but did not include the new Storkcraft gliders...any recommendations on that brand of glider/ottoman? sold at target and walmart and BRU...
thanks,
Meghna88

roger
08-27-2006, 09:10 AM
The reviews are a great addition to the site. I will add reviews for most our big-ticket items. I, however, did not see a way to add a brand that is not already listed. Our dresser is made by Moosehead Manufacturing of Maine, which has a whole line of (American-made)quality baby and children's furniture, e.g.

http://www.mooseheadfurniture.com/?page=view_cat&pod_cat_id=113

Could you please add a review group for Moosehead?

Thanks,
Roger

psully
09-02-2006, 03:31 PM
any reviews for College Woodwork furniture?
I can't find it here or in your book.

thanks.

psully
09-07-2006, 05:29 AM
any reviews for College Woodwork?

P

anniel
11-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi, Alan and Denise. I am a first-time expectant mom in San Diego, CA. I recently placed on layaway the chestnut-stained Munire Emma Lifetime Crib which was on sale at USA Baby for $350 (pre-tax). Of course, I learned about your book the day after I completed the transaction. I was happy to see the "A" rating you gave Munire, however, I couldn't find the crib model on the company's website. I called Munire and discovered that the "Emma" is exclusive to USA Baby and that it is manufactured in Indonesia. Do you have an opinion about this crib in particular? Does anyone out there have first-hand knowledge about this crib? Any feedback is much appreciated. I'm not due until April 2007 and the store says I can always cancel the layaway or choose another crib. Thanks!

crimscrem
11-19-2006, 10:56 AM
We just placed an order for the Emma crib as well. It's a solid wood crib. It's not mahogany like the Newport. It's rubberwood. It is a hardwood from the maple family, so don't let the name freak you out. I think it's a solid crib for the price. We really liked the style and felt that it would also make a nice full size bed.

All of Munire's cribs and furniture, except for the Charleston line, are made in Indonesia now.

alandenisefields
11-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Thanks for reading our book---sorry it took us so long to respond. We think that particular crib is fine and we'd recommend it (as we do for the entire Munire line)!

FYI: While we try to pop into our message boards on a regular basis to see what's up, the best way to ask us a question is to email us directly! (See the address at the back of our books or hit the contact us button). With over a 1000 posts a day on our message boards, it's hard to read them all!

Alan & Denise

anniel
11-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback, crimscrem. I am sticking with the crib and I hope for both our sake that it works out after the baby is born.:-)

anniel
11-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the response, Alan & Denise. I will definitely be e-mailing you directly as I come up with more questions. Your book and website are the best! I'm glad I learned about you guys.

CribsMakeMeCrazy
01-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Hello - we're wondering if anyone else is running into a brand called "Creations." (We are just looking at cribs - no other furniture.) We've see it in a small Midwestern chain called "Kid's Stuff Superstore," which has three locations.

The quality "feels good" in the store...kinda similar to Westwood. The pieces are beautiful and seem to be priced appropriately (between $400-500).

We've contacted all three stores, and each has told us they are happy with the manufacturer, shipping times, assembly, etc. They said they've been a good seller, even though they are so new. They do not yet have a website up, and we cannot find any other information about them.

Alan & Denise, or anyone else ever heard of them yet? Any recommonedations on wh/not to buy this brand?

Thank you in advance for your input.

happyfather
01-03-2007, 03:43 AM
No message

happyfather
01-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Has anyone heard about the new Dream Movers? They work really well and it is like having axtra pair of arms that never tire. The website is www.mydream-mover.com Feedback would be great.

bachbaby
01-04-2007, 12:51 AM
My wife and I are also looking at Creations furniture as the quality looks good and so does the price.

It has been frustrating since they do not have a website and it has been hard to find a wide variety of their products here in Houston.

So while I have heard of Creations, I also would like to hear from others that may have bought this or are considering it.

Thank you for your thoughts.

alandenisefields
01-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi folks: We have just added all the major brands of cribs and nursery furniture to our parent product review section (see button above). Check it out here:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/reviews/items/

If you have a second, please consider adding a review of your crib and/or nursery furniture to our site! This will help future parents-to-be as they shop for their nursery furniture---and it will help our book as we will use these reviews to create our ratings.

The product review section of our web site is easy to use! The SAME user name and password you use for the message boards works for the product review section.

We have launched this new part of our web site as a COMMERCIAL-FREE place for parents to read reviews of strollers, car seats (and now) cribs and nursery furniture. We will add other baby gear shortly.

Thanks in advance!
alan & denise
authors

courtneylundie
01-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi There New-Mom-To-Be - I am as well and am wondering the same thing about Dutailier Cribs. I spent all day yesterday visting various Baby Furniture stores and out of all the cribs I saw I LOVED this Dutailier Crib.... it was so strong and sturdy, the mattress support was superb, but I can't seem to find any reviews about their cribs. Did you ever find any information? Please help! Thank you, Courtney

denverga
02-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi,
We are considering a Nursery Smart crib. Have you been happy with yours? Like you, I can't find any review anywhere on this company. I'd love any and all feedback.
Thanks so much,
Darcy

denverga
02-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi,
We are considering a Nursery Smart crib. Have you been happy with yours? Like you, I can't find any review anywhere on this company. I'd love any and all feedback.
Thanks so much,
Darcy

vegtbull
03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello, I purchased the Sorelle Glenda crib in Cherry finish and am very pleased with the quality. It has all of the features we wanted including one drop side, adjustable height, bottom drawer, made of Beechwood and manufactured in Italy. It was important to us to not purchase a crib made in the far East in order to ensure that the crib for our baby wasn't made by someone else's babies where child labor laws don't always exist. We also wanted a wood that is more durable than Pine.

We purchased it from www.jdee.net. We found it cheaper else where, however, I had read positive reviews of www.jdee.net and they have a price matcher service where they will attempt to match a price if you find a product they carry cheaper. They matched my price and feel that I got a quality crib at a reasonable price.

Best wishes,
Wendi

hcbaxter
04-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Has anyone bought a crib from College Woodwork (www.collegewoodwork.com) out of Canada? My husband is a wood carver who hates pine and other soft woods, which limited our choices. These are made out of maple & birch and are beautiful, but VERY expensive. Wanted to know if they were worth the cost.

roniea
05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I just found this posting, as I am looking at Creations furniture, too. They do have a website, if you still need it: www.creationsbaby.com

Let me know if you already have the furniture.... I would love to know more about it.

sweetkis5773
05-31-2007, 05:08 AM
I recently bought a Dutalier recliner from BabyRus.
Most of the models i've seen from other baby stores were smaller than
what i purchased.
Seat was extra wide which i had prefered.
Just makes it more comfortable..........
Only on floor models, they had 20% discount til 5-28th.
Anytime, when u place a special order, you cannot return it!!!

Then i think www.babycatalog sells lots of different models of Dutalier's recliners. I should've read this first........
But overall, i'm still happy with my purchase.

reginemichelle
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi, I am new to the list and excited about joining! Could you please let me know your review of the Ruff N Tumble dresser? We are thinking of purchasing one. Thanks!

DebinD
07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
I don't see a section for the Graco Cribs -is that under Baby Italia/Bonavita?

Kemper's Mom
12-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Know anything about Slumberland cribs - specifically the Amber Mission Crib??

mommyin08
01-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Missing from your list is the new Target line - Restyle & Restore. They have an attractive, affordable crib - but, after falling in love with your book, there's no chance we'll buy it without your input.
As a future mom and pediatrician, thanks so much for advocating for child safety with this excellent resource for parents.
Did you like the Restyle & Restore from Target or have any problems? I searched for this one on their site since you mentioned it, but I do not see it.

EllenLizard3
03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Does anyone have a review for Rockland cribs? They're sold at JCPenney. I'm specifically interested in the Renew model, but would love any input about this line. Please e-mail me at [email protected]

redheadmommy
07-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi,
Does anybody knows the brand ShouthShore nursery furnitures? It is a Canadian brand and the local Sears/Brick and other stores has them in reasonable price in Canada, but I would like to read some first hand experience.
Unfortunately the baby bargain book doesn't have it listed also the website doesn't have it. They have 3 factories in Quebec, Canada, but I do not know if they also do thing in Asia or not.

firstimer
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Are any reviews available on the new line of Amy Coe furniture (cribs and dressers) at Babies R Us?

momof4littleguys
08-29-2008, 06:49 AM
I don't see this as an option in the Crib list, but I'd love to get the word out that we woke up one morning to find one of the slats/spindles...whatever you call them...was missing from the side of the crib. He had his usual bedtime routine, went to bed happy and we didn't hear anything unusual that night. The next morning he woke up and greeted us in his cute, silly way. Calling us and then hiding under his covers until we come "find" him. We heard nothing unusual and this really freaked us out because he could have been stuck/trapped in the space created by this missing piece. We have no idea what happened, but Target took it back and gave us a full refund. (We had our receipt from a few weeks earlier when we'd bought it, but we had none of the original packaging by that time.) It scares us to think about what COULD have happened to our little guy!!!

fmagda
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
We´re thinking about buying an Amy Coe crib from BRU but can´t seem to find reviews for this brand. Can anyone help?

littlerhoda
10-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Does anyone have any feedback about Savanna cribs? They are sold at JC Penney, but I can't seem to find any reviews on them.

petmommy1st
01-28-2010, 07:50 AM
I have an older version of the book and cannot find ANY reviews on the Carter Sleep Haven Lifetime Convertible Crib. Does anyone know where I can find reviews of this crib? Thanks!

rhinestone
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I would like to buy a crib and I don't now where to buy...

marge234
04-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't understand this sticky.

Rookiedad
05-03-2010, 02:07 PM
If all goes well we'll have our first baby next month, and we're looking at cribs. We like the Alma crib (http://www.bloombaby.com/collection/feat.php?sID=83) but can't find any reviews about it (it didn't make the reviews list for Baby Bargains, since I think it's new). Has anyone seen it reviewed, or had personal experience with it? Our 2 concerns are:
(1) is it really as safe and wholesome as it claims to be (thereby justifying its higher price than say, the Davinci Emily mini crib)
(2) Do people feel that a newborn will grow out of it too soon?

Thanks!