PDA

View Full Version : My favorite tips for Disney trips

boys2enough
06-21-2008, 02:28 AM
(Promise that this is the last post before I go to bed. LOL. Am too excited to see a separate forum here for Disney!)

1. Your kids are going to want to have the characters' autographs. The tiny and not so sturdy books cost $10+ each. You can look for one that you like for a better price before your trip. Some creative suggestions: a Disney picture book, a mini photo album. I went to B&N and found in their discount section a hardcover Disney storybook with lots of pictures and brought it with us as the autograph book. At the character breakfast, Goofy was so intrigued he sat down at our table, leafed through every single page and signed next to all the goofy pictures! It' s still one of our best memories.

Don't forget to bring the pen: BIG Sharpies. (Their gloved hands cannot hold small pens well) My favorite kind is the "clicky" Sharpie so you don't have to worry about the cap losing.

2. My friend went to WDW (think heat and humidity) and gave me this tip: Buy those waterbottles with a fan on it before you go. He got his at Walmart for $5 each. You are going to want one when you are there, and they cost $15+ each at WDW!

mnosky1
06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
In an attempt to avoid the park markups on autograph books, I tried to make a cheaper/nicer autograph book and spent WAY too much time and money on it.
I actually like the autograph books from Disney the best and we have a couple. We get the one that has the one side with plastic for a picture and the other side for the autograph. DD loves hers and looks through them constantly. They only have 10 or so sets of pages so we use a cheap Princess notebook or something for the other autographs. Also the Sharpie works great for the books we buy at the park but bleeds through on the cheaper books.
Michelle

AddiesMom
06-22-2008, 08:16 AM
We bring a white pillowcase and fabric markers so the characters can sign it. It works best at a character meal so they can lean on the table. We just went to Sesame Place and did the same thing, but didn't book a meal. DH had to bend over so the characters could lean on his back to sign the pillowcase! (the things we do for our kids!)

Michaels has tons of fabric markers to choose from and they always have 50% off coupons (and accept AC Moore and JoAnn Fabrics). I got a 2-pack of cases at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10 and had a 20% off coupon. We now have a pillowcase from Chef Mickeys and Sesame Place and they are DD's favorite souvnier, and cheap for Mommy! In January we will do the same at Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends).

AddiesMom
06-22-2008, 08:18 AM
People also buy postcards and have the characters sign them. You can then put them in an inexpensive photo album that holds 4X6's back-to-back, but just put one in a sleeve so they can see both sides.