PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Pillow - pbk?

mamalia
06-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi, does anyone have thoughts on the 12X16 (smallest size) pillow from PBK? There are two types - hypoallergenic polyester fill or the feather fill. This would be for naps at preschool. The feather one seems more flat (DD liked lying on it more in the store), but I just realized it says dry clean only whereas the first is machine washable. I've never actually washed a pillow, just the cases, so does that matter?

LOL, I'll be so embarrassed if you are supposed to wash pillows... :P

If not PBK, what other pillow would you recommend for preschool?

ETA: Thanks in advance!!

Lolabee
06-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I actually purchased both for my toddlers, and they seem to like them (one preferred the feathers and the other the fiberfill.) Anyway, I ended up having to toss the feather pillow in the washer when one kid got sick on it. I washed it on the gentle cycle and dried it on low and it turned out just fine. Both of the pillows are still holding up well and my kids both love sleeping with them.

I haven't really been able to find toddler pillows or pillowcases anywhere else other than PBK (and I looked for a couple of months.)

Hope that helps!

citymama
06-21-2008, 12:13 PM
We use the toddler pillow from IKEA and it's great so far. Very inexpensive - I think we bought the pillow plus comforter for between $10-12 combined. I don't know if they sell it as a stand-alone or just with the comforter. We have the Barnslig pillow case and comforter cover and they look adorable!

Wife_and_mommy
06-21-2008, 01:31 PM
FYI, you can find that size pillow w/ fiberfill at a fabric store or Walmart too. They call it an insert.

KBecks
06-21-2008, 01:32 PM
We have the fiberfill one and I like it. It seems firm. I think I have washed the pillow once or twice.

veronica
06-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I bought a "travel pillow" at bed bath and beyond for $9.99, a zipper cover for it for $3.99 , added some gum and used a $5 off coupon for a total of $10.50 ! DD loves it, it fluff right back up and I have ordered pillowcases from one step ahead that should work , but haven't gotten those in yet.

mamalia
06-22-2008, 02:38 AM
I actually purchased both for my toddlers, and they seem to like them (one preferred the feathers and the other the fiberfill.) Anyway, I ended up having to toss the feather pillow in the washer when one kid got sick on it. I washed it on the gentle cycle and dried it on low and it turned out just fine. Both of the pillows are still holding up well and my kids both love sleeping with them.

I haven't really been able to find toddler pillows or pillowcases anywhere else other than PBK (and I looked for a couple of months.)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Lolabee! It's good to know that it will survive a wash just in case.

mamalia
06-22-2008, 02:40 AM
I bought a "travel pillow" at bed bath and beyond for $9.99, a zipper cover for it for $3.99 , added some gum and used a $5 off coupon for a total of $10.50 ! DD loves it, it fluff right back up and I have ordered pillowcases from one step ahead that should work , but haven't gotten those in yet.

Wow, great deal! I wonder if LNT has them too...they are going out of business near me.

mamalia
06-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Thanks everyone! I LOVE this board! DD really seemed to like the feather one, so we'll probably keep it, especially now that I know it's possible to machine wash. If anyone is looking...PBK is clearing out a lot of their bedding, including cases that fit 12X16 pillows. I picked up a chamois cover for about $7 (regularly $12).

Thanks again!

babybear
06-22-2008, 09:27 PM
We have a PBK pillowcase and I bought a pillow at Joann's for half off. My son drools so much it is nice that I can pick up a new pillow cheap.

pastrygirl
06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't have one yet, but Mr. Bobbles Blankets (http://www.mrbobblesblankets.com/toddler-pillows.aspx?CategoryID=38) has toddler pillows. (Just an FYI to the poster who couldn't find them anywhere other than PBK.) I have the toddler blankets from there and LOVE them. :)

DrSally
06-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone! I LOVE this board! DD really seemed to like the feather one, so we'll probably keep it, especially now that I know it's possible to machine wash. If anyone is looking...PBK is clearing out a lot of their bedding, including cases that fit 12X16 pillows. I picked up a chamois cover for about $7 (regularly $12).

Thanks again!

Was that online or instore for the chamois cover?

mamalia
06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi, it was in store. I looked for it online and they don't seem to carry chamois 12X16 cases online...very odd. HTH.

DrSally
06-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi, it was in store. I looked for it online and they don't seem to carry chamois 12X16 cases online...very odd. HTH.

Thanks! I didn't see them online either. I looove the feel of their chamois.