PDA

View Full Version : Best Diaper Bag for Twins?

twinsplustoddler
06-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi - I'm expecting twins in Sept. and I have a 2-yr-old. I'm looking for a diaper bag that can hold all that stuff and if it can be something I'm not embarassed to carry, that would be great! (FYI, I hate wearing backpacks, so I need a tote or messenger style bag). I'm looking at the Skip Hop Duo (or whatever that big one is that attaches to double strollers) and the OiOi Large Tote, but I'm open to anything that an experienced mom of 2 or more kids (doesn't have to be twins) recommends! Thanks!

Papa Joe
06-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Check out the Lands End Messenger Diaper Bag. We have that and an Eddie Bauer Backpack (One from EB, not a department store).

Since the Eddie Bauer's don't seem available anymore, you might consider a regular backpack and get a changing pad insert for it. That way you can get the pockets you want, you have more selections, and the bag suspension will be better if you buy a better bag. If you get one with a hydration insert, you might be able to put the changing pad in that.

If my wife and I go out, she can use the Eddie Bauer and I can bring a regular larger backpack for more gears and supplies.

mamaoftwins
06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Just got a Skip Hop Spark from Target and really like it (very similar to the Duo) - nice size for errands and such. I bought it b/c we got a new side-by-side stroller (Combi Twin Sport) and I like that it attaches to the handle and the baskets are so small now that we couldn't fit a diaper bag in them. I have heard only good things about the Double Duo from other twin moms, and if you have a double side-by-side with the umbrella-style handles, you'd need the Double Duo. The Combi has one big handle, so I can get away with a less wide bag to attach.

We started with the Eddie Bauer Messenger Bag, again to echo Papa Joe, if you like EB, get it from EB, not from BRUs or somewhere else. The ones direct from EB are better quality. We LOVE this bag. Big enough to hold everything for even a whole day plus out. DH gladly carries it. Looks like a regular messenger. Nice pockets, quality changing pad included. Again, it fits everything, and I am a big overpacker for those "just in case" situations. ;) I expect to continue using this bag even if we have another baby - I think it would work great for toddler plus twins, and all the things that need to go along with them. We've been using the messenger for about 8 months and it still looks like new. We use this bag when we use our regular day-to-day stroller, the Graco DuoGlider LX. This stroller has been wonderful for us, despite many people not loving it. The EB bag fits wonderfully with room to spare in the Graco's huge basket.

It looks like EB may be phasing out their bags, so if you are interested in what they currently have, look soon. They are also on sale at EB currently, 29.99 from 49.50. Here's the link for you ... http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Bags--Gear/Car-Seats/index.cat?viewAll=y#ppl=%7Btype%3A%22hide%22%7D

Good luck with your diaper bag search and congrats in advance on the twins!!