PDA

View Full Version : Photos--What do you order?

ray7694
06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
My photos are adding up and I have all different sizes. Need to order photos that were just taken and am overwhelmed.

Anyone have a plan or idea? What sizes do you order. I have a 3yo and a 4 month old...

kedss
06-21-2008, 03:37 PM
we usually do 4x6 photos, since its a standard size, easy to get frames for, if we use our old medium format camera, the film is square so we get square prints, and for gifts, we will get some 8x10.

Are you printing them to put in albums?

Corie
06-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I alway get an 8x10 from every picture session. And not much more!

I keep an album for each kid and it is filled with only 8x10 photos.

Occasionally, I'll get a sheet of 5x7 to give one to my Dad. Not often.

BeachBum
06-22-2008, 06:59 AM
I usually get 5x7s. Easy to frame, but not overwhelmingly big. My dad likes a 8x10 for his desk so I usually get one for him and one to go in our album like Corie described. I will usually send 3.5 x5 to my ILs and for my mom at home. My mom has a lot of pics of DS so I get her the small ones.
Every few years we do a photographer that only mats to 16x20. I really love those shots, but boy are they big!

I would also make sure to do a shot of the kids together and a shot of them separately each time. My sister (2nd child) laughs about how there are no pictures of just her.

JTsMom
06-22-2008, 08:38 AM
The very first time we got photos done, we went a tad insane and bought EVERYTHING. LOL Seriously, we bought 3 16X20's, and like 2 packages worth. We must have had some type of mental break. :hysterical: I will never do that again. Now I just buy 1 8X10 of each shot I love (usually 2 or 3). My mom and sister never put up pictures, so I refuse to order for them.

Neatfreak
06-22-2008, 09:12 AM
The very first time we got photos done, we went a tad insane and bought EVERYTHING. LOL

Me too! I don't exactly regret ordering all of the cute shots, but DH and I totally blew our budget. These days, we stick to picking 2-3 5x7s for ourselves for framing, and maybe order one 5x7 print for the grandparents.

No reason for 5x7 - it's just our favourite size and suits how we display personal photos in our home.

mommabear
06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I order a couple of 5x7 of the ones I really like(for albums) but that is because I don't have much wallspace left. If I really like it I will get a 16x20 to hang.
What I like most is collages in B&W.

WatchingThemGrow
06-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I think you're talking about studio portraits. We always get one 8 x 10 to put in an album so we have a closeup album to watch the DC grow - the 8x10 Pioneer Album from AC Moore/Michael's. For everyone else, and to display, we get 5x7s. We like to send out wallets to distant family for the newborn/first shot, 6 mos, and 12 mos periods - or if we can actually capture a good one of both kids together.

At Portrait Innovations, we do a big order every 6 mos or so (with a new baby) and get the big cameo (3 picture) thing to put in their rooms. I LOOOVE to look at the album to see the changes every month or two. Sooooo cool!