PDA

View Full Version : Saturday bitch

bubbaray
06-21-2008, 04:14 PM
DH is golfing today in a "work" tournament. Grrrr. How lovely for him, too bad we don't have thunderstorms today like I asked for.

Our Saturday mornings are insane right now. DD#1 has ballet from 9-9:45. Then we drive to the YMCA for her swimming lessons from 10:30 to 11am. Then DD#2 has swimming lessons from 11-11:30. Every other Saturday, DH and DD#2 have met us at the pool close to 11am, so that DD#2 could have her nap.

So, today, DD#2 came with DD#1 and I (because I don't think the dog is old enough to babysit) to ballet, then to swimming and then had to miss her swimming lesson b/c I couldn't leave DD#1 without supervisision in the pool while I did DD#2's lesson with her. DD#2 did NOT have her normal 2hr "beauty sleep". They both screamed hysterically the whole way home from the Y. DD#2 had a 5 minute lunch and went down for her nap right away. DD#1 is playing and quiet (be afraid, be very afraid). My ears are still ringing.

KBecks
06-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry. My DH is gone all day today too to golf with a friend for his birthday in another city. It's only once a year, Alek needs a nap!

gatorsmom
06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
That sounds stressful. Hope the rest of the day went well for you.

Kbecks, I just noticed you are having a baby boy!!! Congratulations! Boys are so much fun. And you already have all the clothes!

niccig
06-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Can you disapper on Sunday for some time, so DH can have the day that you had today???

bubbaray
06-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks ladies -- ah, yes, I actually *am* disappearing Sunday for a while. DH booked me a pedicure. So, he's somewhat forgiven....

I put out my back at the pool today too. Ouch.

Poor DD#2 did not understand why she couldn't go into the pool, poor kid! Maybe Sunday afternoon we can go. Not sure. The ILs are coming (sigh) and we might go to the zoo.

Our weekends are just crazy. In the fall, DD#1 will have German school Saturday from 9-noon, home for lunch, then ballet from 1:15-2pm. Swimming lessons for both girls will probably be on Sunday, though I've yet to figure out the scheduling with church. I might take DD#2 by herself to swimming while DH and DD#1 are at German school on Saturday mornings (I don't speak German, that's definitely his deal, LOL). DD#1 wants to start gymnastics again, and try soccer. There are not enough hours in the week with our work schedules! I'm not willing to give up the swimming, our goal is for both girls to do all their levels (as DH and I did as kids) as we think its important for water safety (we're around water a lot) and also fitness. As I've grumbled about before, I could do without the ballet lessons, but DD#1 is quite enthralled currently, so I guess that is a go too. Winter will be completely insane as DH and DD#1 will return to downhill skiing too. AHHHHHH.

I just need a way to figure out how to make weekends a little less crazy -- and convince DH that weekend adult activities are out. I think HE should have to deal with both of them and all their activities once and see how HE fares. Sheesh. He came home and needed a nap. Figures.

niccig
06-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Anyway to say DD#1 that it's either ballet or soccer on the weekend, but not both? I do think it's a good idea to limit some activities to allow for family time and so we're not exhausted running around all the time...just a thought.

gatorsmom
06-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Our weekends are just crazy. In the fall, DD#1 will have German school Saturday from 9-noon, home for lunch, then ballet from 1:15-2pm. Swimming lessons for both girls will probably be on Sunday, though I've yet to figure out the scheduling with church. I might take DD#2 by herself to swimming while DH and DD#1 are at German school on Saturday mornings (I don't speak German, that's definitely his deal, LOL). DD#1 wants to start gymnastics again, and try soccer. There are not enough hours in the week with our work schedules! I'm not willing to give up the swimming, our goal is for both girls to do all their levels (as DH and I did as kids) as we think its important for water safety (we're around water a lot) and also fitness. As I've grumbled about before, I could do without the ballet lessons, but DD#1 is quite enthralled currently, so I guess that is a go too. Winter will be completely insane as DH and DD#1 will return to downhill skiing too. AHHHHHH.

I honestly do not know how you do it. I'm a SAHM and this summer am getting a taste of this running-from-activitity-to-activity experience and I'm exhausted most days. I don't know how you moms do this with a FT job. It makes me tired just thinking of it. Seriously, when do YOU get a break?

elizabethkott
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
I think HE should have to deal with both of them and all their activities once and see how HE fares. Sheesh. He came home and needed a nap. Figures.

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea - for you to desert him on a Saturday and let him deal with the insanity. *Then* we'll see who needs a nap!

And what IS the DEAL with men, golf and napping?! You just played and had fun for what, FIVE HOURS? It's not really that difficult of a game, or that physically exhausting, seeing as how the majority of them ride around on the cart for the whole course... and then you need a NAP?! Puh-leese.