PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best magazine deals?

Emmas Mom
06-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking of getting some magazines for gifts. Are there any good websites to order them on??

hellokitty
06-21-2008, 08:02 PM
I usually order though ebay. I've used all different kinds of sellers and have never had a problem.

Emmas Mom
06-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Where on ebay?? I couldn't seem to locate magazine subscriptions.

supercalifragilous
06-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Try www.MagazinePriceSearch.com to get a good idea on how much subscriptions should cost. Beware that some of the vendors listed have received bad reviews, so be careful who you order from or use it as a reference point to buy off an eBay seller.

Amazon also has great deals sometimes too.

The best thing to do is figure out the per-issue cost and compare prices that way.

hellokitty
06-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Just type in the magazine you are looking for and the word, "subscription" with it when you do a search on ebay. For example, "Family Fun subscription" should pop up with auctions for FF magazine subscriptions. As always, check their reviews to make sure they have good ratings. I think someone said that the, "lowest" rating they find acceptable on ebay is 98.5% positive reviews.

aa2mama
06-22-2008, 10:54 AM
A word of caution on eBay: I have gotten burned three separate times on sellers that had very good feedback. Since magazine subscriptions take about 12 weeks to start, by the time I realized there was a problem it was too late to do anything about and the seller was no longer a member of eBay. At this point I just don't think it's worth it to order magazines from eBay.

cheri
06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I've had good luck with discountmagazines.com. They have lots of magazine subscriptions for $5.95/year.

Pennylane
06-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Amazon is having some good deals on magazines right now. I just ordered Good Housekeeping for $7.00. It was advertised as $10.00 but there was a special discount.

Ann

supercalifragilous
06-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Some of the best deals for certain magazines can be found also in college/office subscription houses. My friend subscribes through here: https://subs.timeinc.net/cpp/ns.jhtml?desc=officesubscriptions

It's one of the cheapest places you can find InStyle and other mags that seem "price-locked."

supercalifragilous
06-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I just came across this thru a link @ StartSampling - limited selection of magazines, but they're all $0.99 for a year.

https://secure.emagazines.com/shop/checkoutnwaflnd.asp?afid=118