PDA

View Full Version : car seat in nyc

cinnamon
06-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I am planning to get a car seat and snap-n-go for my baby. I live in NYC, do not own a car and never drive. So the most usage of the car seat would be as a stroller, with the exception of occasional cab rides.

Which car seat would you recommend for this purpose? I am looking at Graco Snugride or Safeseat. Which one would have a nicer fabric for the baby's comfort. The ones I have seen seem all very synthetic and sort of rough. And I can imagine how hot they can get.

Thank you.

Joolsplus2
06-22-2008, 09:52 AM
No infant seats are really breathable cotton, some are velour-y (which is cool, actually, don't shy away from it), and some are slick (hotter, but not really that bad)... Taking out the extra infant inserts and pads and headrests can make a seat a lot cooler, too.
I'd go with the Safeseat... it's a little heavier, but it could last 6-12 months longer than the Snugride, so that's another 6-12 months you won't have to worry about buying a convertible seat.
Here's my dd in a bunch of carseats so you can see how they look... I didn't have a Snugride, but the Key Fit was a similar size. http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats